* The Cowboys plan to announce this week complete details of their 2002 training camp, which will be held at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Last year, training camp was split between Wichita Falls, TX and Oxnard, CA.
* In other news, former Cowboy CB Kareem Larrimore, a fourth-round draft pick two years ago, has just finished a two-day tryout with the Dallas Desperados Arena league team. The Desperados are in contract negotiations with Larrimore as of late Wednesday evening.
You might remember Larrimore being suspended numerous times during his brief career in Dallas. He was suspended for the last preseason game last year, as wells as the opening game against Tampa Bay.
Larrimore has outstanding natural ability, but he never matured at the NFL level. It looks like Jerry Jones wants to give the kid one more opportunity to get his act together.
* And speaking of Jerry Jones, you can bet that he is still not willing to make anymore predictions after last year's "10-6" disaster.
Jones was quoted at the Southwest Associated Press Sports Editors regional meeting on Monday, "I'm getting out of the wins and losses prediction business, but I will tell you that we're going to be better."
Jerry has been pounded with prediction questions ever since the NFL Draft almost one month ago. Its time for some of these media nerds to give it a rest if you ask me.
* Some of the rumors swirling around Valley Ranch, and especially the internet community have indicated that an impending quarterback controversy is on the horizon. I'm here to tell you- don't believe it for one second.
Quincy Carter will be the starting quarterback on September 8th. Hutchinson has looked better than what the organization had hoped for at this stage in the game, but Quincy is still the guy.
Furthermore, Bruce Coslet has as much faith in him as anybody on the planet, and there is absolutely no questioning Carter's ability in his mind. Go ahead and end all that unneccesary speculation right now.
* Congratulations are in order for Emmitt Smith, who welcomed a new baby boy into his world yesterday afternoon. The birth of his son wasn't the only reason to celebrate, it was also the future Hall of Fame running back's 33rd birthday.
* Finally, both the Cowboys and the Texans are making a strong push to play a preseason game in Mexico City next year. "It's a natural that the Houston Texans and Cowboys create an interesting game," Jerry Jones said. "I don't know of anything standing in the way of us doing it."
The two teams last played a preseason game in Mexico City in 1994 before an NFL record crowd of over 110,000.
Thursday News, Notes, & Rumblings
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys Exclusive: Dez Bryant Gives AnswersStarcast Cowboys Exclusive - Dez Bryant Gives Answers To Fish ... Beyond The ClusterFest
CowboysHQYesterday at 12:38 PM
Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for 49ersThe Cowboys' showdown with the 49ers is right around the corner, so whet your appetite for football with our facts! Ever wondered what Garrett's record is without Romo and Dez?…
CowboysHQYesterday at 5:19 AM
Cowboys Dez Hairline Fracture: The LatestCowboys receiver Dez Bryant says 'I might' when it comes to playing this weekend, even though the MRI has revealed a hairline fracture of the tibia in his right knee.
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:59 PM
5 FishTips: Cowboys Winning Gameplan Review5 FishTips: The Cowboys Winning Gameplan In Review
CowboysHQWednesday at 4:20 AM