* The Cowboys' 2006 opponents have been set. Along with the traditional NFC East foes Philadelphia, Washington and the New York Giants, the Cowboys will face off against the NFC South and AFC South. By finishing third in the NFC East this season, the Cowboys' other two opponents will be Detroit from the NFC North and Arizona from the NFC West. Here is where those games will take place next season:
Home: N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Tampa Bay,
Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis.
Away: N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina,
Arizona, Jacksonville, Tennessee.
* With their 9-7 record this season, the Cowboys finished tied with
Miami, Minnesota and San Diego. With a .523 opponents' winning
percentage this season, the Cowboys will draft 18th overall in the first
* Running back Julius Jones missed out on his preseason goal of 1,700
yards and 20 touchdowns.
So he set his sights on rushing for 1,000 yards and making history.
With Thomas Jones of Bears already over the 1,000 yards, the Jones
brothers seemed poised to become the first siblings to top the 1,000-yard
barrier in a season in NFL history.
With Julius Jones needing 42 yards against the Rams' 30th-ranked run
defense, it seemed like a sure bet.
Julius Jones gained only 35 yards on 15 carries to come up 7 yards
* Quarterback Drew Bledsoe was sacked 49 times in 2005 following five
sacks against the Rams. It is the most sacks of a Cowboys quarterback
since Don Meredith's 58 in 1964. It was also the Bledsoe's fifth season
of 40 or more sacks.
* Defensive end Greg Ellis and linebacker DeMarcus Ware shared the team lead with eight sacks this season. By doing so, Ellis becomes just
the second Cowboy in club history to lead the team in sacks for five
consecutive years. Jethro Pugh also led the team five straight years
from 1968-72. Ellis has now led the Cowboys in sacks six times during
his career, the second most in club history behind Harvey Martin's mark
of seven seasons leading the club in sacks. Ware's eight gave him the
second most in club history by a linebacker. He also posted the third-best
single-season sack total by a rookie in club history.
Wednesday News & Notes
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott To Get More 'Scary'?'I have yet to show the dominance at the second level,' Ezekiel Elliott says. 'Once that starts happening, it's going to be kind of scary.' As the 5- Cowboys exit the bye ... yes,…
Cowboys 1st + 10: Bigger-In-Texas Dinner BillThe Cowboys head to Nick and Sam’s for their rookie dinner and inflate the restaurant’s profit margin. Dak Prescott is shunning talk shows for family and David Irving proves the…
CowboysHQYesterday at 7:52 AM
Cowboys STARCast: Who Has Tony Romo's Back?Cowboys STARCast: Does anyone have Tony Romo's back?
CowboysHQFriday at 12:19 PM
Cowboys Soup To Nuts: In Dez + Romo KitchenInside Cowboys, Soup To Nuts: Dez Cooks, Irving Surprises, Zeke's 'Scare,' Dak Fishes, Trade Factoids, Romo Throws Another Team Party
CowboysHQFriday at 2:43 AM