* DT La'Roi Glover had a lot to say about the Cowboys defense on Tuesday. "We've got a plethora of talent up there on defensive line. Now its only a matter of getting everybody on the same page," said Glover. "We've got a good system in place with some veteran linebackers with speed, a good combination of youth and experience in the secondary, and a strong defensive line."
"My goal right now is to get a ring," said Glover when asked about what he expects during his tenure as a Dallas Cowboy. "You can tell that this organization is a proven winner, they don't settle for second best."
Glover has made it a habbit to be in the offensive backfield during the course of the first three mini-camps. "I know La'Roi Glover is in the backfield a whole lot," head coach Dave Campo said. "It's hard to tell without the pads on with the guys on the line, but its hard not to notice what he's been doing."
The addition of players like La'Roi Glover and Kevin Hardy to an already solid defense should help the Cowboys improve in the one defensive category was lacking in a big way last year- turnovers.
And don't think for one second that Glover doesn't know it, "They brought me in to make big plays, not just turnovers, but big hits and sacks. We need to give the offense a chance to be successfull and that's exactly what we intend to do."
* RB Troy Hambrick returned to practice Tuesday after missing Monday to witness the birth of his baby girl. You might recall that Emmitt Smith missed part of the last mini-camp to see the birth of his baby boy.
* CB Duane Hawthorne missed Tuesday's practice after suffering what was termed a "slightly sprained knee" in Monday's practice.
* TE Jeff Robinson is expected to miss the entire mini-camp this week as he is attending to family business.
* The coaching staff seems pleased with the Cowboys effort as a team so far in this mini-camp, and why not? The team as a whole seemingly has an incredible attitude towards practice and the upcoming season. Most players you hear from have nothing but positive comments about other players, coaches, and schemes.
Let's just hope that transfers into more victories next season.
Wednesday News, Notes, & Rumblings
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for Giants IIThe Cowboys take on the Giants for a rematch to avenge the Week 1 loss and lock up the NFC East title. Here are some stats to keep an eye on: 'Cowboys 100' - Facts, Figures and Hot…
Cowboys Draft: WR John Ross A Fit With DezCowboys Draft Scouting - Our View: Drafting John Ross To Replace Terrance Williams Can Provide More Consistency Across From Dez Bryant For Dallas
CowboysHQYesterday at 3:07 PM
STARCast: Are Cowboys More Popular Than Ever?STARCast: We mop up from Minny, celebrate Sean Lee, try to figure out Randy Gregory and chart injury issues and other angles as the wildly-popular Dallas Cowboys prep for a trip to…
CowboysHQYesterday at 12:34 PM
Exclusive: Can Cowboys Gregory Practice?Cowboys sources tell CowboysHQ.com that drug-suspended Randy Gregory 'may' re-join the team for practice on Wednesday. But there is more to the story ...
CowboysHQTuesday at 11:54 AM