Free Agency News & Notes Around the League:
* The New York Jets and quarterback Chad Pennington] are a couple million dollars apart on a restructed deal, with the opportunity for the QB to make up most of his 2005 salary. The team continues to talk with the Washington Redskins regarding quarterback [b]Patrick Ramsey[/b]. League sources tell me they have started to talk contract extension, but we are not too sure with the state of the CBA.
* The Carolina Panthers and representatives for potential free agent linebacker [b]Will Witherspoon[/b] have been engaged in contract talks recently. Discussions have gotten to the point where there is a modest chance the linebacker could have a deal in place prior to the start of the free agent player signing period.
* The Detroit Lions are staying relatively quiet, but have spent a
significant amount of time studying potential free agent quarterback
Drew Brees (San Diego). This only lends further credence that the
organization is not comfortable with Joey Harrington manning the
controls. Additionally, the Lions were one of three teams that has shown
a tremendous amount of interest in quarterback Jay Cutler of
* The Kansas City Chiefs will be in contact with representatives for
cornerback Sam Madison (Miami) and defensive end Darren Howard on
* The Cleveland Browns would like to work out a contract extension for
running back Reuben Droughns, but talks have been slow with minimal
progress. If negotiations prove to be difficult, the team is expected to
turn to Jamal Lewis (Baltimore) as insurance and depth heading towards
the 2006 season. Contract talks between the team and offensive left
tackle L.J. Shelton are progressing well, with a 50-50 chance a deal
will be in place by Friday's free agent player signing period.
* Seattle's offensive guard Hutchinson is going to garner some significant
interest, as the team expects. The Seahawks' front office anticipates
Hutchinson will receive an offer geared to force the team's hand, and
the Seahawks are poised to match any offer. The team would like to
retain potential free agent running back Shaun Alexander, but are
insistent they are not going to extend an offer averaging eight-million
dollars a season for the life of the deal.
Free Agency Rumor Mill Cranks Up
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Shaheen At Big Foot Unicorn; Cowboys NotebookCowboys 30-Visits Draft Prospect Adam Shaheen: Big Foot? Unicorn? Sidd Finch? Tight End ... Plus Other Cowboys Notes Featuring Tony Romo ...
Elway's 'Lie' In Romo Cowboys Trade SagaThere is a ‘lie of omission’ in Broncos boss John Elway’s suggestion that he and and the Dallas Cowboys bosses have been face-to-face in Arizona ‘all week and (trade candidate Tony…
CowboysHQYesterday at 5:01 AM
Cowboys 1st and 10: Romo Decision Time?In this weekend's 1st and 10, we explore why it could be Tony Romo decision time for everyone involved and why it's a good thing the Cowboys were able to lure back Darren McFadden …
CowboysHQSaturday at 9:31 PM
Cowboys Add OL Bell, Eye 'Sexier' VisitsCowboys add O-lineman Byron Bell and prep for some 'sexier' roster moves ...
CowboysHQFriday at 5:24 PM