* The Cowboys would be interested in acquiring a younger back-up quarterback as an insurance policy. However, judging by the talent available in free agency, they may look towards the upcoming draft as opposed to free agency.
* The Cowboys are set at running back with Julius Jones, Marion Barber III and Tyson Thompson.
* With just one true fullback on the roster (Lousake Polite) Sowell could be a target of Dallas before free agency is done.
* The Cowboys have already tried their luck two of these wide outs in Peerless Price and Quincy Morgan. With T.O. now in the mix, this need is nowhere near as pressing as what it was a week ago. Outside of Owens, this continues to be a weak year for wide receivers in free agency and the upcoming draft.
* Dallas is done here after signing blocking specialist Ryan Hannam.
* Dallas is also done here after signing Mike Vanderjagt to a three-year deal.
* Dallas will bring in an undrafted free agent to challenge Mat McBriar.
* Dallas is likely done at guard after signing Kyle Kosier on the first day of free agency. However with Larry Allen now out of the mix, don't be surprised to see a guard taken in one of the early rounds of the upcoming draft. After all, Marco Rivera isn't getting any younger either.
* Dallas is likely done at tackle after signing Jason Fabini, but the draft will see the team get younger at the position.
* Again, the draft will see the Cowboys add a center.
* After releasing La'Roi Glover, the Cowboys could move on a veteran tackle for the right price.
Gary Walker (DT)
* Defensive end is another position that will likely be addressed in the draft.
Nick Griesen (WLB)
* Dallas has had limited contact with Rocky Calmus, but no deal was ever offered.
* The Cowboys have already signed Akin Ayodele, who could also play inside if needed. Dallas also added special teams ace Rocky Boiman as a second team player.
* The Cowboys are set here with two solid starters in Anthony Henry and Terence Newman, not to mention back-ups Aaron Glenn and Jacquez Reeves.
* Free safety remains one of the biggest team needs this off-season. While veteran Marcus Coleman could be a bargain, he's at the end of his career and was a problem for the Texans last year. The Cowboys will likely address this need in the first three rounds of the draft where players like Virginia Tech's Jimmy Williams, South Carolina's Ko Simpson and Nebraska's Daniel Bullocks will be available.
Woodson, Arrington Headline Remaining FAs
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys Youth Key in 31-17 Win over BearsThe Cowboys took care of the Bears 31-17 to finish September 2-1 and drop the Bears to 0-3.
CowboysHQYesterday at 8:58 PM
Cowboys T. McClain + His Pal - His Big ToeARLINGTON - In preparation for tonight's Bears at Cowboys game, I go 1-in-1 with maybe Dallas' best player on D, Terrell McClain - and his new best friend, his so-far-cooperative…
CowboysHQYesterday at 6:34 AM
Cowboys 1st and 10: The Front Four ShuffleEach weekend I provide 10 quick hits on the Cowboys. Marinelli is turning to his tackles to create an edge rush, the debate about Romo’s job security is a little insulting, and…
CowboysHQSaturday at 1:00 PM
Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Picks for Week 3Here are CowboysHQ.com's Dallas Cowboys Fantasy Football picks for Week 3 against the Chicago Bears (plus a Norm Hitzges special!)
CowboysHQFriday at 10:00 AM