Owens Suffers Allergic Reaction

Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens was hospitalized Tuesday night after suffering an allergic reaction to pain medication likely being taken for his broken right hand.

"This is not serious," Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said in the online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Owens was taken to the emergency room at Baylor Medical Centerl and doctors treating him were trying to induce vomiting, television station KTVT reported, citing unidentified sources.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew, the station reported. A TV reporter said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger Sept. 17. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.

On Sept. 20, Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said "the pain medicine made (Owens) ill."

Meanwhile, receiver Terry Glenn practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb.

"He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," coach Bill Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately, he cut his hand."

CowboysHQ Top Stories