"I just have to be honest and say I'd rather just go ahead and go with Vince," Bulluck said on Sirius radio. "Kerry Collins has the experience and he's played a lot of football in this league, but Vince is hungry.
"He has that drive that will definitely inspire a lot of people on his side of the ball. Of course he'll make mistakes because he is a rookie but if we're losing we might as well go with the future."
When asked about those comments in the locker room, Bulluck declined to elaborate.
Collins has started the first three games for the Titans, and so far has six interceptions and one touchdown. Young did not play against the Dolphins, but played in the first two regular season contests against the Jets and Chargers.
"He brings energy to the whole team and that's something that we need," Bulluck said. "And it's definitely nothing against Kerry Collins. He's played great football and he's been in a tough spot to come here and just be thrust into the starting position, not even really spending any camp at all in the playbook. I definitely take my hat off to him.
"But, I don't know, I don't think he'll be here next year and I know Vince Young is the No. 3 pick. I'm trying to get things started because I don't know how much longer I'm playing football for. So we need to get this process and this show on the road because we have guys here with great talent that want to win."
News & Notes
* RB Chris Brown expects to be back in his starting job Sunday against the Cowboys after missing the Titans loss in Miami with a toe problem. He's practiced this week without incident but could be running behind a patchwork line because of injuries to the two starting guards and primary interior backup.
* RB Travis Henry expects to be back in the No. 2 role with Chris Brown back after missing a week with a toe injury. When Henry does carry, he will likely be doing so behind a patchwork line because of injuries to the two starting guards and primary interior backup.
* FB Ahmard Hall could be especially important for the Titans against Dallas. After missing two week with an ankle injury, the Titans could be playing inexperienced guards because of injuries and will need all the blocking help they can get.
* TE Ben Troupe hasn't been as productive through three games as many expected. Part of that is because the Titans top blocking tight end, Erron Kinney, hasn't played since knee surgery early in training camp.
* LG Zach Piller (ankle) will be a game time decision but it appears unlikely he will play against Dallas. Daniel Loper could start in his place.
* RG Benji Olson (calf) will be a game time decision and if he can't play Jacob Bell or Daniel Loper could fill in for him.
* K Rob Bironas has attempted just two field goals through three games this season. Odds would suggest that even if the Titans continue to play poorly on offense he will have more opportunities than that in games to come.
A Closer Look: Tennessee
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys 100: Facts + Figures for EaglesWe've been waiting all bye week for Sunday night. Before we get there, whet your Cowboys appetite with our facts. What's the lowdown on referee Jerome Boger? How impressive has…
BREAKING: Romo In Uniform At Cowboys PracticeTony Romo is on the Thursday practice field with the Cowboys. His story from inside The Star in Frisco
Cowboys Tank Talks 1-On-1: 'I Am A Beast'Cowboys end Tank Lawrence is talking to me about the beauty of Boise, where his three children reside, before he shifts to his promise to be 'a beast' on the field. 'Beauty and The…
Romo Works In Cowboys Practice; Trade TalkCowboys STARCast: The Truth About Tony - As He Is On The Practice Field For The First Time - And The Truth About Trades ... And Ezekiel Elliott as the NFL's MVP?
CowboysHQYesterday at 9:53 AM
Cowboys Dak: A Bow-Tied Creature Of HabitI've talked to Dak Prescott enough now to know: He's a bow-tied creature of habit, with one best-habit-of-all ... Winning football games for the Cowboys. Now, is he prepared to do…
CowboysHQMonday at 3:15 PM