* Sunday's meeting with the Philadelphia Eagles marks the 86th time the two teams have met on the football field. The Cowboys hold a 50-35 all-time advantage in the series, but Philadelphia has won five of the last six meetings overall and five of the last seven games played at Veteran's Stadium.
* The focus of the media continues to be on quarterback Quincy Carter. Carter, who started out in Houston by completing only 13 of his first 30 passes, rebounded last week by going 14-of-24 for 240 yards and 2 touchdowns. "I'm just trying to get better and do what I need to do to prepare myself for the rest of the season," said Carter.
"I can't really worry about what everyone else is talking about right now. I know personally that everything is not going to be great for me, and I'm still in a learning curve. It's important for me to keep my head on straight and keep going out there and plugging away."
* The Eagles enter Sunday's game as 9-point favorites, and rightfully so. The Cowboys have lost 13 of their last 14 road games overall and have lost by a combined score of 33-12 in their last 4 meetings with the Eagles.
"We are facing a momumental task this weekend in Philadelphia," said head coach Dave Campo. "I don't ever want to go into a football game thinking we can't win and I know our team won't be thinking that on Sunday."
* The lack of success by the Cowboys offense has been obvious the last two years, but nowhere has it stood out more than in the first quarter. The Cowboys have failed to score an offensive touchdown in the first quarter in their last 11 games. And this season in the opening period, Dallas has been outscored 14-0 through the first 2 games.
Interestingly enough, the Cowboys might want to keep their focus in the 2nd quarter as the Eagles put up 26 points in the second quarter of their first meeting with Dallas last year and 20 in the second quarter of the second game.
* While most experts talk about the typcial "Monday Night Hangover" that a team suffers through the week after a Monday Night Football game, the Eagles are an exception to the rule. Philadelphia is 19-10 in games coming after less than 6 days of rest.
WR Reginald Swinton (Hamstring), is DOUBTFUL.
MLB Dat Nguyen (Wrist), is OUT.
T Tyson Walter (Ankle), is OUT.
T Flozell Adams (Knee), is PROBABLE.
G Kelvin Garmon (Knee), is PROBABLE.
TE James Whalen (Calf), is PROBABLE.
Friday News, Notes, & Rumblings
CowboysHQ Top Stories
'Citizen Kane' + Ranking NFL Players + ExecsOn 'Citizen Kane' And The Madness Of 'Ranking' Cowboys Players And NFL Front Offices
Cowboys QB Coach Wilson On Dak + RomoDallas Cowboys QB Coach Wade Wilson Dishes On Dak, Kellen, Kaep, Romo + 'Being 90 Percent'
CowboysHQFriday at 4:35 AM
Cowboys X-O's: Switzer Key To Unlock OffenseDallas Cowboys Grease Board: WR Ryan Switzer As An X-And-O's Key To Unlocking Offense
CowboysHQThursday at 6:26 AM
Cowboys OTAs: Your All-Access PassDallas Cowboys OTAs: Your All-Access Pass Inside The Star
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:45 PM