• After taking part in drills Friday morning, veteran linebacker Keith Brooking sat out the afternoon session.
• Rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant, who worked out in the morning with trainers and members of the team's strength and conditioning staff, was back on the field in the afternoon, working with the offense. He ran pretty well, even beating Terence Newman on a deep out route in which he was able to stop, plant and turn toward the sideline very quickly for a guy who has had a bad hamstring this week.
• In the morning session, Kyle Kosier assumed his normal position as the starting left guard, and getting no snaps at center, despite the claims by head coach Wade Phillips that Kosier would be the team's backup center. In the afternoon, however, backup Montrae Holland got some snaps at left guard with the first-team offensive line. More than any other position group, offensive linemen rely on familiarity with each other in order to work as a cohesive unit, so getting Holland some work with the first team is vital. Should Kosier or starting center Andre Gurode get hurt, Holland has to be ready to step in, and Friday's reps with the first-team line were a step in that direction.
• Catch of the day (afternoon version): It wasn't anything flashy, but rookie free agent Terrell Hudgins made a beautiful diving catch of a deep pass of about 40 yards down the left sideline from Stephen McGee. The ball looked like it was slightly overthrown, but Hudgins was able to fight his way past rookie cornerback Bryan McCann to make the grab.
• Pass of the day: Quarterback Tony Romo is known for a number of things — his improvisational skills, his ability to throw on the run, even his golf game and his famous girlfriends. But he showed off some remarkable accuracy Friday, finding his receivers on several very accurate passes, including one he threaded to wide receiver Miles Austin through triple coverage by safety Alan Ball and cornerbacks Cletis Gordon and Jamar Wall.
Friday PM Mini-camp Insider
CowboysHQ Top Stories
Cowboys QB Coach Wilson On Dak + RomoDallas Cowboys QB Coach Wade Wilson Dishes On Dak, Kellen, Kaep, Romo + 'Being 90 Percent'
CowboysHQFriday at 4:35 AM
Cowboys X-O's: Switzer Key To Unlock OffenseDallas Cowboys Grease Board: WR Ryan Switzer As An X-And-O's Key To Unlocking Offense
CowboysHQThursday at 6:26 AM
Cowboys OTAs: Your All-Access PassDallas Cowboys OTAs: Your All-Access Pass Inside The Star
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:45 PM
Cowboys RB Elliott Sidelined After Car WreckStreet-Legal: Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Sidelined After Minor Car Wreck
CowboysHQWednesday at 12:14 PM
Cowboys STARCast: Inside The Start Of OTAsDallas Cowboys STARCast: Inside The Start Of OTAs ... Irving, Jaylon, QBs and More ...
CowboysHQWednesday at 5:43 AM