So who knows what will happen. What I can tell you is what I'd like to see happen.
Here then is my first-round wish list.
1. Land a pass rusher: The Dolphins had a pretty solid defense last season, but one thing that clearly was missing was a pass-rushing complement for Cameron Wake. The top pass rushers in the draft are DE Dion Jordan, DE Barkevious Mingo, DE Ezekiel Ansah and OLB Jarvis Jones. Jordan and Ansah aren't going to be there at 12, and Mingo is iffy because the Jets could take at No. 9. If it plays out that way, then the choice here would be Jarvis Jones. Sure, he didn't test very well in his pre-draft workouts, but he was a dominant player in the SEC the last two years and that trumps everything.
2. Take Tyler Eifert: When in doubt, go for the playmaker. The only two issues here are that 12 is a little early for a tight end and taking Eifert also means you're basically flushing the Michael Egnew picks from last year. That said, Eifert would be just another piece for a much-improved offense.
3. Draft Dee Milliner: You can never have enough cover corners. It's that simple.
4. Draft D.J. Fluker: Instead of trading up to get Lane Johnson, it would make much more sense for the Dolphins to stay put, leave Jonathan Martin at left tackle and take Fluker, who will be a quality starting right tackle for the next 10 years.
5. Trade down: If the Dolphins can get enough of a package to move down from No. 12, that could make sense and help the Dolphins fill a few more needs with high picks.