TRANSITION PLAYER: None.
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
- LB Keith Adams - Didn't play well as the weakside starter, but is an excellent special-teamer that the Eagles would like to hang on to.
- DE N.D. Kalu - A pass-rush specialist who had just two sacks as he recovered from 2004 knee injury. He is not expected to be re-signed and there has been little interest in him from other teams.
- RB Lamar Gordon - Fumbles too much to suit Eagles coach Andy Reid and really wasn't all that effective as a short-yardage runner.
- P Sean Landeta - Was effective as a late-season replacement, but with Dirk Johnson healthy again, he won't be re-signed. It could be late in the off-season or even into training camps until Landeta finds a job, but you have to figure somebody will pick him up.
- TE Chad Lewis - Re-signed at midseason after recovering from a foot injury. But he doesn't have much left in the tank. The signing of Matt Schobel makes Lewis' return a non-issue.
- T Jon Runyan - A warrior at RT who has started 144 straight games, the Eagles will let him test the market, but didn't seem interested in re-signing him even to a short-term deal. Of late, there has been just the least bit of movement and Runyan's return isn't out of the question, but remains a long shot. He hasn't gotten a lot of interest from other teams and there's certainly nothing imminent.
- S Jack Brewer.
- LB Justin Ena.
RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
All of the Eagles' restricted free agents were given qualifying offers, meaning that the Eagles can match any offers they receive from other clubs in order to keep them.
- CB Rod Hood - Established himself as one of the league's best third corners. He did a solid job replacing injured starter Lito Sheppard last season and the Eagles would definitely like to have him back.
- P Dirk Johnson - Missed much of last season with the dreaded sports hernia injury, but Eagles like his consistent punting.
- RB Reno Mahe - Led the NFC in punt returns last season and can be used as both a running back and wideout.
- S Quentin Mikell - Has been a competent backup to starters Brian Dawkins. Also can play some corner in a pinch and is a solid special-teamer.
- WR Darnerien McCants - Caught just five passes with the Eagles after being claimed on waivers. They see potential in him and will keep him in the crowded mix at the wide receiver spot.
- DE Juqua Thomas wasn't much of a factor last year, despite considerable playing time. The fact that the Eagles re-signed him was a bit of a surprise and shows that they need some help at DE.
- LB Shawn Barber: FA Chiefs; 1 year, terms not disclosed.
- TE Matt Schobel: FA Bengals; 5 year, $1.8 million.
- WR Jabar Gaffney: FA Texans; 1 year, terms not disclosed.
- QB Jeff Garcia: FA Lions; 1 year, terms not disclosed.
PLAYERS LOST: None.