The Eagles weren't interested in dealing for Walker, but might have some interest if he were to hit the open market. It would most likely depend on how big of a contract he would want and whether or not the Eagle would feel comfortable that he wouldn't become a disgruntled distraction like he was in Green Bay and like that "other" wide receiver was in Philadelphia.
Still, the chances of Walker joining the Eagles are less than 50/50.
Faine-ing interest? The Cleveland Browns have not entertained any significant interest in center Jeff Faine. Faine was made available due to the Browns signing of free agent LeCharles Bentley. Look for ther team to deal the former first-round draft selection on draft-day.
The Eagles could be one of the teams interested in talking to Cleveland about Faine. Cleveland has the 12th overall pick in the draft, so the Eagles wouldn't be able to entice them in a move that would allow the Browns to move up in the draft. Whether the Eagles would consider completely dropping out of the first round isn't clear, but odds are that they wouldn't be interested in sending their first rounder to Cleveland. Still, the birds and Browns could talk about other possibilities to bring Faine to Philly.
Draft Notes: The Eagles have shown varied interest in a number of players that they could potentially grab with the 14th pick in the draft or in subsequent rounds. Here is a list of players that the Eagles have some degree of interest in for the NFL Draft.
- Maurice Drew (UCLA) - Had a private workout with the Eagles.
- Cornell Brockington (Connecticut) - A lower round pick, but some scouts believe that with some work, he could become a serviceable NFL back.
- Chad Jackson (Florida) - Andy Reid personally worked out Jackson and interviewed him following the workout. Reports are that Reid came away very impressed.
- Hank Baskett (New Mexico)
- Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame) - Had an official visit with the Eagles.
- Sinorice Moss (Miami) - Visited with the Eagles on Tuesday.
- Santonio Holmes (Ohio State) - The Eagles have talked with members of the Ohio State coaching staff about him.
- Daniel Fells (Cal-Davis)
- D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Virginia) - Visited with the Eagles this week.
- Willie Colon (Hofstra) - Worked out for the Eagles last week.
- Charles Spencer (Pitt) - Had both a workout and personal interview with the Eagles.
- Davin Joseph (Oklahoma)
- Winston Justice (USC)
- Joe Toledo (Washington)
- Will Allen (Texas)
- Chris Chester (Oklahoma)
- Kamerion Wimbley (Florida State) - Worked out for the Eagles in March.
- Rob Ninkovich (Purdue) - Had a personal interview with Andy Reid at the Combine and a personal workout in Philly.
- La Juan Ramsey (USC) - Was in Philly for a personal visit.
- Barry Cofield (Northwestern)
- Jon Alston (Stanford) - Workout
- Chad Greenway (Iowa)
- Justin Huggard (VMI)
- Bobby Iwuchukwu (Purdue) - Workout
- Ashton Youboty (Ohio State) - The Eagles have contacted the Ohio State coaching staff to learn more about Youboty.
- Dion Byrum (Ohio)
- Kelly Jennings (Miami)
- Dee McCann (West Virginia)