TRANSITION PLAYER: None.
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
- S Jack Brewer is a solid special teams player, but Sean Considine's return from a shoulder injury makes him expendable.
- LB Justin Ena is a good special teams player who also provides depth in the middle and on the strong side. Probably will be re-signed at some point.
- RB Lamar Gordon fumbles too much to suit Eagles coach Andy Reid and really wasn't all that effective as a short-yardage runner.
- P Sean Landeta was effective as a late-season replacement, but with Dirk Johnson healthy again, he won't be re-signed.
- TE Chad Lewis re-signed at midseason after recovering from a foot injury. But he doesn't have much left in the tank and won't be back.
- P Dirk Johnson (tendered at $721,600 with no compensation) missed much of last season with a sports hernia injury, but Eagles like his consistent punting. Johnson has drawn some interest on the open market, but remains unsigned.
- RB Reno Mahe (tendered at $721,600 with no compensation) led the NFC in punt returns last season and can be used as both a running back and wideout.
- S Quentin Mikell (tendered at $721,600 with no compensation) has been a competent backup to starters Brian Dawkins and Mike Lewis. Also can play some corner in a pinch and is a solid special-teamer.
- CB Roderick Hood: RFA; $1.573M/1 yr.
- WR Darnerien McCants: UFA; 1 yr, terms unknown.
- OT Jon Runyan: UFA; $12.5M/3 yrs, $2.5M RB; 2006 cap: $3.65M.
- DE Juqua Thomas: Potential UFA; terms unknown.
- LB Shawn Barber: FA Chiefs; 1 yr, terms unknown.
- WR Jabar Gaffney: UFA Texans; 1 yr, terms unknown.
- QB Jeff Garcia: UFA Lions; 1 yr, terms unknown.
- DE Darren Howard: UFA Eagles; $30M/6 yrs, $9.5M signing bonus; 2006 cap: $2.58M
- DT Ed Jasper: UFA Raiders; $750,000/1 yr, $40,000 signing bonus; 2006 cap: $465,000.
- TE Matt Schobel: UFA Bengals; 5 yrs, $1.8M signing bonus.