Game Day Preview: Eagles / Colts

Instead of a matchup of two of the best quarterbacks in the league, Sunday night's game brings the Eagles face-to-face with the 9-1 Colts, who stand as just one of the obstacles in the way of the Birds heading to the post-season.

Philadelphia Eagles (5-5) at Indianapolis Colts (9-1)

GAME SNAPSHOT
KICKOFF: Sunday, 8:15 ET
GAMEDATE: 11/26/06
SURFACE: FieldTurf
TV: NBC, Al Michaels, John Madden, Andrea Kremer
SERIES: 17th meeting. The Colts lead the series, 9-7. The Colts won the last meeting, in Philadelphia, in 2002, 35-13. In that one, Peyton Manning shredded the Eagles' defense, completing 18 of 23 passes for 319 yards and 3 touchdowns.
2006 RANKINGS: Eagles: offense 2nd (11th rush, 2nd pass); defense 12th (26th rush, 4th pass). Colts: offense 3rd (19th rush, 3rd pass); defense 16th (32nd rush, 3rd pass)

FAST FACTS:
Eagles: Westbrook has consecutive 100-yard rushing games for the first time in his career... WR Reggie Brown leads the NFL with nine drops and the Eagles lead the league with 36 as a team.
Colts: WR Marvin Harrison has caught at least 60 passes in eight consecutive seasons... With 219 passing yards, Manning will tie Dan Marino for second all-time with nine 3,000-yard passing seasons.

COLTS' NOTES:

  • OG Ryan Lilja (knee) returned to practice Thursday and is expected to play against Philadelphia on Sunday night.
  • OG Dylan Gandy (back) practiced Thursday and will be available for the Eagles game Sunday.
  • CB Nick Harper (knee) saw light work on Wednesday and Thursday. Harper is expected to play against Philadelphia on Sunday.
  • LB Gilbert Gardner (ribs) did some work Thursday but didn't go through a full practice. Gardner's availability for the game will be made shortly before kick-off.
  • DE Robert Mathis was given Thursday off to rest but will be in the starting lineup against Philadelphia on Sunday.
  • S Matt Giordano (calf strain) did not practice Thursday and is not expected to play Sunday.
  • S Bob Sanders (knee) has not practiced this week, but his availability for the Eagles game won't be determined until Friday or Saturday.
  • WR Brandon Stokley (knee) has not practiced this week. A decision on whether he will be able to play against Philadelphia will be a game-time decision.
  • LB Keith O'Neil (ankle) has not practiced this week and is not expected to be available for the Eagles game.
  • DT Montae Reagor (facial and head injuries) will not play against Philadelphia. Reagor has not practiced since being involved in a traffic accident October 22.
  • NOTES FROM THE 'NEST:

  • LB Shawn Barber did not practice again Thursday and is listed as doubtful with an MCL sprain in his knee. Barber is the Eagles' best coverage linebacker. If he can't play against Peyton Manning and the Colts, it would be a big blow.
  • WR Donte Stallworth turned up on the club's injury report again Thursday with a hamstring injury. Stallworth, who has been bothered by hamstring problems most of the season, is listed as questionable.
  • QB Jeff Garcia took 85 percent of the snaps in practice Thursday. Backup A.J. Feeley took the other 15 percent. Garcia will start Sunday against the Colts.
  • LB Jason Short, who is listed as questionable with an ankle sprain, did practice Thursday and is hopeful he'll be able to play Sunday against Indianapolis.
  • CB William James is listed as questionable with a knee injury, but defensive coordinator Jim Johnson thinks he'll be able to play Sunday. James will be the nickel corner.
  • PREDICTION: Colts 27-16


    War Nest Top Stories