Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants
* It will be interesting to see how the Giants secondary plays the Eagles
receivers. The Detroit Lions didn't press any of the Philadelphia receivers last
week. In the first two matchups, the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins
cornerbacks pressed the receivers much of each game.
* If RB Brian Westbrook (abdomen) doesn't play, look for rookie RB Tony Hunt in
* A key for Philadelphia is pass protection since LT William Thomas (knee) is
out. He faces a true speed rusher in RDE Osi Umenyiora.
* The coaching staff is high on rookie TE Brent Celek who impressed the team
with his pass catching in training camp. But what has been more impressive
recently is his improvement as a blocker.
* Although the team might be set for now with their kickoff and punt
returners, talks could resume before the trading deadline with the Oakland Raiders for CB/KR/PR Chris Carr.
* The maturation of QB Eli Manning could be attributed to the addition of
quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. The veteran coach was former NFL QB Drew
Bledsoe's position coach in his rookie season. Manning is doing a good job of
getting rid of the ball quickly and is willing to stay in there and isn't
turning away when he gets any pressure.
* The defense didn't blitz much last week and they got pressure with their four
man line. The Philadelphia offensive line is one of the best in the NFL so we
could see more pressure from the linebackers.
Eagles-Giants Pregame Notes
War Nest Top Stories
Week 7: Six Players To Send To The BenchEvery week, Fantasy Football Expert Nate Weitzer recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury…
Scout FantasyTuesday at 8:38 AM
Week 5 NFL DFS: Secret StarsHave you experienced the fun of Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)? We have some recommendations for you if you're interested in participating in contests over at DraftKings. With just a…
Week 2: Fantasy Football Deep SleepersFantasy Football Expert Jack Delaney reveals some under-the-radar players that could help you gain an edge in your Week 2 matchup.
Fantasy Stock Market - Buy, Sell or Hold?Who is trending up? Who is trending down? Find out where these players stand and whether you should make a deal according to Fantasy Football Expert Mark Morales-Smith's Fantasy…