Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants
* It will be interesting to see how the Giants secondary plays the Eagles
receivers. The Detroit Lions didn't press any of the Philadelphia receivers last
week. In the first two matchups, the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins
cornerbacks pressed the receivers much of each game.
* If RB Brian Westbrook (abdomen) doesn't play, look for rookie RB Tony Hunt in
* A key for Philadelphia is pass protection since LT William Thomas (knee) is
out. He faces a true speed rusher in RDE Osi Umenyiora.
* The coaching staff is high on rookie TE Brent Celek who impressed the team
with his pass catching in training camp. But what has been more impressive
recently is his improvement as a blocker.
* Although the team might be set for now with their kickoff and punt
returners, talks could resume before the trading deadline with the Oakland Raiders for CB/KR/PR Chris Carr.
* The maturation of QB Eli Manning could be attributed to the addition of
quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. The veteran coach was former NFL QB Drew
Bledsoe's position coach in his rookie season. Manning is doing a good job of
getting rid of the ball quickly and is willing to stay in there and isn't
turning away when he gets any pressure.
* The defense didn't blitz much last week and they got pressure with their four
man line. The Philadelphia offensive line is one of the best in the NFL so we
could see more pressure from the linebackers.
Eagles-Giants Pregame Notes
War Nest Top Stories
NFL Coaching Hot Seats Heading Into 2017Dr. Roto examines some NFL coaches facing the hot seat as we enter the new year!
Broncos 2017 7-Round Mock DraftMile High Huddle Draft Analyst Nick Kendell reveals his first 7-round mock draft for the 2017 Broncos.
Mile High HuddleYesterday at 1:05 PM
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017It is less than two weeks to signing day and the updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the…
Scout FootballFriday at 2:46 PM
4 teams have more than $20M in carryoverThe NFL Players Association released the amount of salary-cap dollars each team can carry over into their 2017 salary cap, with four teams having more than $20 million and five…
Scout NFL NetworkWednesday at 6:01 PM