Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants
* It will be interesting to see how the Giants secondary plays the Eagles
receivers. The Detroit Lions didn't press any of the Philadelphia receivers last
week. In the first two matchups, the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins
cornerbacks pressed the receivers much of each game.
* If RB Brian Westbrook (abdomen) doesn't play, look for rookie RB Tony Hunt in
* A key for Philadelphia is pass protection since LT William Thomas (knee) is
out. He faces a true speed rusher in RDE Osi Umenyiora.
* The coaching staff is high on rookie TE Brent Celek who impressed the team
with his pass catching in training camp. But what has been more impressive
recently is his improvement as a blocker.
* Although the team might be set for now with their kickoff and punt
returners, talks could resume before the trading deadline with the Oakland Raiders for CB/KR/PR Chris Carr.
* The maturation of QB Eli Manning could be attributed to the addition of
quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. The veteran coach was former NFL QB Drew
Bledsoe's position coach in his rookie season. Manning is doing a good job of
getting rid of the ball quickly and is willing to stay in there and isn't
turning away when he gets any pressure.
* The defense didn't blitz much last week and they got pressure with their four
man line. The Philadelphia offensive line is one of the best in the NFL so we
could see more pressure from the linebackers.
Eagles-Giants Pregame Notes
War Nest Top Stories
Seen & Heard on Planet CougIF YOU’RE NOT following the Cougar women’s basketball team right now you’re really missing out. They are playing truly inspired, scrappy basketball. With their WNIT Elite Eight win…
Smoke Signals - League Digest 1.2Jake and Jamie return to the airwaves to discuss the latest news in baseball from this week, including some player extensions and the World Baseball Classic, as well as some…
Indians Baseball InsiderSaturday at 9:37 PM
Finding Broncos: De'Angelo Henderson, RBNext up for the “Finding Broncos” scouting reports is a smaller school prospect named De’Angelo Henderson.
Mile High HuddleWednesday at 12:47 PM
Tebow will open season with Mets' Low-A ClubIf you think that the Tim Tebow signing is merely a PR stunt and he's keeping a roster spot out of the hands of a legitimate prospect, boy does Mets General manager Sandy Alderson…