- The Texans defense and untimely turnovers kept the team from reaching their potential in 2008 and Gary Kubiak vows to fix it. The first step may be with a big free agent signing and a player that Houston is reportedly interested in is Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers. Peppers wants to leave Carolina as the Panthers have reportedly replaced nearly their entire defensive staff. Peppers has also expressed interest in playing in a 3-4 defensive scheme.
- Although Houston doesn't currently employ a 3-4 defense, they very well could make that switch sooner than later. The Texans have plenty of linebacker talent and Amobi Okoye could play the nose tackle position or be effective outside.
- The Houston secondary underperformed in 2008 and sources say team officials are regretting their signing of former Dallas cornerback Jacques Reeves. If the Texans select a cornerback early, Reeves days in Houston may be numbered.
- The Texans are looking to overhaul the safety position and they had some intense interviews with both Wake Forest safety Chip Vaughn and Oklahoma safety/linebacker Nic Harris.
- Although Houston appears to be set at wide receiver with Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, and Kevin Walter, they showed great interest in a pair of receivers at the Senior Bowl. Houston met with both Oklahoma receiver Juaquin Iglesias and Penn State pass catch Derrick Williams.
Texans Rumor Mill
Falcon Insider Top Stories
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
2017 Atlanta Falcons Team OutlookSenior Fantasy Football Expert Shawn Childs goes in-depth covering every Fantasy aspect of the 2017 Atlanta Falcons!
Scout FantasyFriday at 6:59 AM
State of the Broncos: Offensive LineMile High Huddle brings you State of the 2017 Broncos — a position by position evaluation of the roster. Today's edition focuses on the offensive line. Publisher Chad Jensen…
Mile High HuddleThursday at 11:07 AM
Falcons Trade up for Takkarist McKinleyThe Atlanta Falcons made a trade with the San Francisco 49ers to address one of their biggest needs.
Film Room: Understanding What McKenzie OffersThe Broncos selected wideout Isaiah McKenzie in the fifth round. As one of the stars of Broncos OTAs, what does McKenzie bring to the table? Colby Valdez examines the film.
Mile High Huddle06/14/2017