- The Texans defense and untimely turnovers kept the team from reaching their potential in 2008 and Gary Kubiak vows to fix it. The first step may be with a big free agent signing and a player that Houston is reportedly interested in is Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers. Peppers wants to leave Carolina as the Panthers have reportedly replaced nearly their entire defensive staff. Peppers has also expressed interest in playing in a 3-4 defensive scheme.
- Although Houston doesn't currently employ a 3-4 defense, they very well could make that switch sooner than later. The Texans have plenty of linebacker talent and Amobi Okoye could play the nose tackle position or be effective outside.
- The Houston secondary underperformed in 2008 and sources say team officials are regretting their signing of former Dallas cornerback Jacques Reeves. If the Texans select a cornerback early, Reeves days in Houston may be numbered.
- The Texans are looking to overhaul the safety position and they had some intense interviews with both Wake Forest safety Chip Vaughn and Oklahoma safety/linebacker Nic Harris.
- Although Houston appears to be set at wide receiver with Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, and Kevin Walter, they showed great interest in a pair of receivers at the Senior Bowl. Houston met with both Oklahoma receiver Juaquin Iglesias and Penn State pass catch Derrick Williams.
Texans Rumor Mill
Falcon Insider Top Stories
Grading the Atlanta Falcons' Free AgencyJorge Andres and CBS Sports NFL writer Will Brinson are giving out Free Agency grades. How did the Atlanta Falcons do?
Falcon InsiderThursday at 5:04 AM
NFL Free Agency Update: Atlanta FalconsJon Beason thinks this Atlanta Falcon will be the happiest about the Dontari Poe signing
Atlanta Falcons Sign Dontari PoeThe Atlanta Falcons look to improve their defense and they're bringing in big Dontari Poe on a one-year deal.
Free agency update: Atlanta FalconsPete Prisco joins Jorge Andres to break down the latest on the Atlanta Falcons in the Free Agent Market.