- The Texans defense and untimely turnovers kept the team from reaching their potential in 2008 and Gary Kubiak vows to fix it. The first step may be with a big free agent signing and a player that Houston is reportedly interested in is Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers. Peppers wants to leave Carolina as the Panthers have reportedly replaced nearly their entire defensive staff. Peppers has also expressed interest in playing in a 3-4 defensive scheme.
- Although Houston doesn't currently employ a 3-4 defense, they very well could make that switch sooner than later. The Texans have plenty of linebacker talent and Amobi Okoye could play the nose tackle position or be effective outside.
- The Houston secondary underperformed in 2008 and sources say team officials are regretting their signing of former Dallas cornerback Jacques Reeves. If the Texans select a cornerback early, Reeves days in Houston may be numbered.
- The Texans are looking to overhaul the safety position and they had some intense interviews with both Wake Forest safety Chip Vaughn and Oklahoma safety/linebacker Nic Harris.
- Although Houston appears to be set at wide receiver with Andre Johnson, Andre Davis, and Kevin Walter, they showed great interest in a pair of receivers at the Senior Bowl. Houston met with both Oklahoma receiver Juaquin Iglesias and Penn State pass catch Derrick Williams.
Texans Rumor Mill
Falcon Insider Top Stories
2016 Fantasy Football WR Rankings 1.0Check out the best Fantasy Football rankings in the industry!
NFL’s most indispensable offensive playersExcluding quarterbacks, who are the most indispensable offensive players in the NFL?
Scout NFL Network06/13/2016
2016 Schedule Preview: Chicago BearsThe Giants Beat previews Big Blue's Week 11 opponent, the Chicago Bears.
The Giants BeatWednesday at 12:19 PM
Ranking NFC South: Offensive LineThe offensive line doesn't always get the fanfare it deserves but the NFC South has some of the top groups in the NFL.
Panther InsiderWednesday at 4:24 AM