Here are some notes:
* Most veterans – at least publicly – were in favor of the move to trade up in the first round to get Eli Manning.
"All I know is that he has something that a lot of QBs and a lot of people don't have," WR Ike Hilliard said. "He has to be something special to be the number one pick in the draft."
"Obviously upstairs they know what's best for the team," CB Will Allen added. "I'm just here to play. I'm sure Eli's going to do quite well. He's the first pick – that obviously stands for something."
However, many veterans off the record stated that they were upset that New York basically gave up on the season, which is how many perceive the move to jettison Kerry Collins and throw a rookie right into the fire.
* While Ike Hilliard was sad to see Collins go, he was "happy that I'm still here." Hilliard, who had two offseason surgeries on his knee and finger, now has had seven surgeries in his seven seasons.
"I'm averaging one a year," he said. "They've been trying to get rid of me since I've been here and I'm still here. I'm still here. I'm going to make it even harder now."
* Will Allen, recovering from offseason surgery, is set to begin running on Monday.
* "The Bachelor," Jesse Palmer, held court. With three shows left to air, Palmer was still unable to discuss many specifics of the show. However, he did state that he was surprised with how much support he has gotten from teammates and other players around the league.
He also disputed reports emanating from the front office that the three-plus weeks Palmer spent taping the show would have been better spent on football-related activities.
"I probably came back in the best shape I've been in in four years," he said.
That appears to be a moot point, as the Giants are expected to sign a veteran backup QB – either Damon Huard or Neil O'Donnell. That would leave no room for Palmer on the roster come training camp time. Obviously Manning and rookie free agent Jared Lorenzen are locks to at least make it to camp, as is Ryan Van Dyke, who is currently leading NFL Europe in passing.
* WR Tim Carter is getting married on Saturday, May 1 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City.
The Giants Beat Top Stories
Giants offense shaky despite win over RamsEli Manning and company didn't exactly set on the world on fire over London.
The Giants BeatSunday at 5:00 PM
Game Balls and Goats: Giants 17 Rams 10 FinalThe Giants Beat recaps the big winners and losers from a tight battle at Twickenham Stadium.
The Giants BeatSunday at 4:52 PM
Fantasy Slant Week 7: Giants 17 Rams 10The Giants Beat covers the outstanding fantasy performers from a sloppy game overseas.
The Giants BeatSunday at 4:39 PM
Watch: Landon Collins Insane Pick SixCollins looked more like a RB than a safety on that INT.
ScoutSunday at 7:33 AM
Start em, Sit em: Giants vs .RamsFind out who Fantasy owners should play and who they should sit as the Giants make the trek across the pond to play Los Angeles.
The Giants BeatSaturday at 7:45 AM