- With the loss, the Giants dropped to 2-2 on the season. They open NFC East play next week in Dallas. Kickoff with the Cowboys is 1 p.m.
- Kerry Collins threw two INTs, including a crushing pick that was returned for a TD right before halftime.
- Tiki Barber coughed up a ball in the third quarter; New York's first lost fumble of the season.
- Once again, the Giants struggled to run the ball, gaining only 67 yards.
- Arizona dominated the time-of-possession battle, 36:05-23:55.
- Despite the loss, the Giants still lead the all-time series with the Cardinals 76-40-2. The defeat snapped New York's four-game winning streak against Arizona.
Keys to the Game
- No discipline. The Giants continually shot themselves in the foot with various infractions. Their 10 penalties for 110 yards were both easily season highs. Too generous. The Giants defense did a pretty decent job all afternoon, but they could not stop Arizona when it mattered, allowing the Cards to convert on 10-of-17 third downs. Bad decisions. In addition to Fassel's misguided call to go for points right before the half, both of Kerry Collins' picks were poor decisions as well.
- Too inconsistent. How can the Giants offense streak down the field on its first drive, then not even reach the red zone again? There's no excuse for that.