Jaguars Game Balls and Goats
1. Maurice Jones-Drew- The dynamic shook off a pair of early turnovers to have a career day by gaining 220 total yards (133 yards rushing) and the game-winning touchdown. MJD saved the game for the Jags with his unbelievable 75-yard catch and run. It was the first time in MJD's career that he has been over 100 yards rushing for three consecutive games.
2. Uche Nwaneri- The Jaguars right guard drew the very tough assignment of Cleveland DT Shaun Rogers and Nwaneri more than held his own. Uche helped pave giants holes for Maurice Jones-Drew and gave David Garrard time to throw on the last two drives.
3. Terrance Knighton- The second-year defensive tackle continues to be a force in the middle of the Jags defense as he registered four tackles, one sack and a tackle for loss. There are few tackles playing better than Knighton right now, if any.
4. Jeremy Mincey- Making just his second career start, Mincey did the near unthinkable and dominated Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas. Mincey tallied three tackles with a pair of sacks and two tackles for loss.
5. Rashean Mathis- Rashean Mathis blanketed Browns wide receiver Mohammed Massaquoi for much of the day and was strong in run support. Mathis played even better than his three tackle, one pass defensed stat-line would indicate.
1. David Garrard- Just when you think David Garrard is turning the corner and becoming a better than average quarterback he has a day like Sunday. Garrard was inaccurate on deep passes (which Jaguars fans have come to expect), but he then started throwing into double and triple coverage and taking sacks. Garrard turned the ball over four times on four straight possessions before eventually leading the team back thanks to a well-thrown touchdown pass to Marcedes Lewis.
2. Tiquan Underwood- We've heard about Underwood's potential for nearly two years now, but he's simply not ready to play at the NFL level. Underwood dropped two well-thrown passes and fumbled on the Jaguars final kickoff return. He may be fast, but speed does no good if you can't catch the ball.
3. Derek Cox- The Jaguars secondary as a whole wasn't exposed nearly as much as it will be in future games thanks to the anemic Browns passing attack. Still, Cox let the receivers he was matched up against get in front of him and he committed a pair of penalties. Honorable mention to Don Carey who once again looked lost.
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
NFL Mock Draft 1.0 Picks 1-10Former Scout Fantasy writer Scott Gallimore joins Dolphins Report Publisher Eric Roddy in a post Free Agency mock draft. Here are the first 10 picks.
Dolphins Report3:30 AM
Cougar Football NotebookZACH CHARME, WSU's starting punter in 2015, is no longer with the team as CF.C reported earlier and per the new roster released on the eve of spring practices. In addition,…
CougfanThursday at 1:09 AM
Steelers Sign Ironman AlualuThe Steelers found quality depth for the defensive line in Tyson Alualu.
Steel City InsiderTuesday at 10:16 AM
Steelers Sign Pair of Free AgentsThe Steelers have signed a kickoff return specialist and a veteran cornerback in free agency.
Steel City Insider03/20/2017