What We Learned Against New York
Keys to a Jaguars victory:
1. Run the football. The Jaguars did a great job of running the ball in the first half as they averaged better than seven yards per carry. The Giants made second-half adjustments and took away the Jaguars rushing attack which forced the game on the arm of David Garrard.
2. Win the turnover battle. Jacksonville lost the turnover battle yet again, as Garrard turned the ball over twice and they didn't force any. The turnovers proved to be game-changers in the four-point loss.
3. Pressure Eli. Manning was hardly under pressure as the Jaguars registered no sacks and hit the Giants quarterback just once. The Giants defense hit David Garrard 11 times and sacked him four times.
4. Make a play on special teams. The Jaguars didn't make any big plays on special teams and had virtually no hidden yardage.
5. Stuff the middle. The Giants managed to average 5.2 yards per carry (26 for 135) on the ground, mostly running up the middle. The Jaguars young tandem of tackles had a tough day.
1. Mario Manningham has a big day. The Giants wideout caught just three passes but averaged better than 20 yards per reception, including a 26-yard touchdown from Eli Manning.
2. MJD left, MJD right, MJD up the middle. The dynamic Jaguars running back gained 113 yards on 21 carries as he was Jacksonville's primary source of offense.
3. Five or more combined sacks. The Giants defense sacked David Garrard four times and the Jaguars couldn't get to Eli Manning even once. Even though Garrard was brought down a lot, the Jaguars backup tackles were mostly solid.
4. David Garrard struggles. Garrard was very efficient in the first half, but the Jaguars signal caller struggled after intermission and finished with a 20 for 35, 162-yard, no touchdown, one interception passing performance. Garrard took three consecutive sacks on the final possession which included a lost fumble. Garrard's passer rating was 57.1.
5. The Jaguars winning streak comes to an end. Jacksonville could not overcome their turnovers and a three-point offensive performance in the second half as they fell to the current NFC East co-leaders.
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
NFL Mock Draft 1.0 Picks 1-10Former Scout Fantasy writer Scott Gallimore joins Dolphins Report Publisher Eric Roddy in a post Free Agency mock draft. Here are the first 10 picks.
Dolphins ReportMonday at 3:30 AM
Cougar Football NotebookZACH CHARME, WSU's starting punter in 2015, is no longer with the team as CF.C reported earlier and per the new roster released on the eve of spring practices. In addition,…
Steelers Sign Ironman AlualuThe Steelers found quality depth for the defensive line in Tyson Alualu.
Steel City Insider03/21/2017
Steelers Sign Pair of Free AgentsThe Steelers have signed a kickoff return specialist and a veteran cornerback in free agency.
Steel City Insider03/20/2017
Prayers Answered with Return to PackersDavon House said he went to Pittsburgh with the expectation that he would be signing with the Steelers. Instead, he got his dream deal to return to Green Bay.