What We Learned Against New York
Keys to a Jaguars victory:
1. Run the football. The Jaguars did a great job of running the ball in the first half as they averaged better than seven yards per carry. The Giants made second-half adjustments and took away the Jaguars rushing attack which forced the game on the arm of David Garrard.
2. Win the turnover battle. Jacksonville lost the turnover battle yet again, as Garrard turned the ball over twice and they didn't force any. The turnovers proved to be game-changers in the four-point loss.
3. Pressure Eli. Manning was hardly under pressure as the Jaguars registered no sacks and hit the Giants quarterback just once. The Giants defense hit David Garrard 11 times and sacked him four times.
4. Make a play on special teams. The Jaguars didn't make any big plays on special teams and had virtually no hidden yardage.
5. Stuff the middle. The Giants managed to average 5.2 yards per carry (26 for 135) on the ground, mostly running up the middle. The Jaguars young tandem of tackles had a tough day.
1. Mario Manningham has a big day. The Giants wideout caught just three passes but averaged better than 20 yards per reception, including a 26-yard touchdown from Eli Manning.
2. MJD left, MJD right, MJD up the middle. The dynamic Jaguars running back gained 113 yards on 21 carries as he was Jacksonville's primary source of offense.
3. Five or more combined sacks. The Giants defense sacked David Garrard four times and the Jaguars couldn't get to Eli Manning even once. Even though Garrard was brought down a lot, the Jaguars backup tackles were mostly solid.
4. David Garrard struggles. Garrard was very efficient in the first half, but the Jaguars signal caller struggled after intermission and finished with a 20 for 35, 162-yard, no touchdown, one interception passing performance. Garrard took three consecutive sacks on the final possession which included a lost fumble. Garrard's passer rating was 57.1.
5. The Jaguars winning streak comes to an end. Jacksonville could not overcome their turnovers and a three-point offensive performance in the second half as they fell to the current NFC East co-leaders.
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.