What We Learned Against Tennessee
1. Run the ball and get physical. Mission accomplished in a big way for the Jaguars. Jacksonville ran the ball a franchise record 53 times for 258 yards, and took the fight to the Titans early and often. Jacksonville was clearly the tougher, more physical team.
2. Limit big plays. The Jaguars defense made Tennessee's weapons look very ordinary as they held Randy Moss to just one catch and Chris Johnson to only 53 yards on the ground.
3. Don't give any gifts. The Jaguars didn't turn the ball over which made it very difficult for the Titans offense to execute on long fields. Efficient offense led to great defense.
4. Don't be afraid to rush. Jacksonville picked their spots and blitzed Kerry Collins with great success. Although the team notched just one sack, they forced plenty of errant throws by the veteran quarterback.
5. Help out your quarterback. The Jacksonville offensive line was stellar and the receivers caught mostly everything thrown their way.
1. MJD hits the century-mark again. The dynamic back set a career high with 186 yards rushing on 31 carries, and dominated the game throughout. Jones-Drew is now second in the NFL in rushing.
2. Randy Moss scores his first touchdown with the Titans. Moss was open for what would have been a touchdown, but the ball was under-thrown and Moss dropped it. He did catch one pass for 13 yards.
3. The Jaguars will out-sack Tennessee. Both teams recorded just one sack, but the Jacksonville defensive line was clearly the better unit.
4. Mike Thomas will have a big day. It wasn't a big day for Thomas or any of the receivers as the Jaguars mainly stuck with running the football (because it couldn't be stopped). Thomas did have a team-high four catches for 31 yards.
5. Whichever team turns the ball over less will win. Once again the turnover statistic turned out to be the most important. Jacksonville grabbed a pair of Kerry Collins interceptions and were able to be careful with the football en route to their easy victory.
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
Jags Illustrated8:21 AM
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.
Jags Illustrated4:50 AM
Dis-GUS-tingThere is not much to say about this Jags vs. Raiders game. It was embarrassing from start to finish. The score ended 33-16 and the score seems closer than is actually was. The Jags…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 12:00 PM
Raiders vs Jags - 2 Minute WarningThe Jags and Raiders have been the two poster franchises for "Ineptitude Magazine" for the better part of the last decade. They are almost identical to one another in terms of…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 8:50 AM