What We Learned Against Washington
1. Calling all playmakers. With Maurice Jones-Drew out for the first time in his career, the Jaguars were short on playmakers against a statistically bad Redskins defense. Aside from Mike Thomas, who caught six passes for 96 yards, nobody stepped up for Jacksonville.
2. Win the turnover battle. The Jaguars once again lost the turnover battle, 2-1 as David Garrard threw a pair of interceptions which led to 10 Redskins points. Garrard's final interception on the first possession of overtime sealed the Jaguars fate.
3. Stop Torain. Ryan Torain didn't have a huge day, but he gained some yards in bunches and contributed to Washington's win with a 20 carry, 65-yard rushing performance that included one touchdown.
4. Throw the ball effectively. David Garrard threw for 299 yards, but missed several open receivers all afternoon long. Garrard's two interceptions proved to be more than what the Jaguars stingy defense could overcome.
1. Rashad Jennings goes over 100 with a score. There was virtually no running room for Jennings as the Jaguars running back ran for just 32 yards on 15 carries.
2. Chris Cooley has a big day. The Jacksonville defense kept Cooley under wraps as the Redskins tight end caught five passes for just 48 yards.
3. David has a quarterback rating of over 100. Garrard had another bad day in December and as a result the Jaguars lost. 22 completions in 38 attempts for 299 yards isn't terrible, but Garrard's two interceptions were killers.
4. Sacks o'plenty. Washington sacked David Garrard four times and the Jaguars sacked Rex Grossman only once.
5. The Jaguars stay alive into Week 17. The Jaguars are indeed still alive but just barely. Jacksonville will have to beat Houston next Sunday and have Indianapolis lose to Tennessee to win the AFC South. At least it's a chance.
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.