What We Learned Against Washington
1. Calling all playmakers. With Maurice Jones-Drew out for the first time in his career, the Jaguars were short on playmakers against a statistically bad Redskins defense. Aside from Mike Thomas, who caught six passes for 96 yards, nobody stepped up for Jacksonville.
2. Win the turnover battle. The Jaguars once again lost the turnover battle, 2-1 as David Garrard threw a pair of interceptions which led to 10 Redskins points. Garrard's final interception on the first possession of overtime sealed the Jaguars fate.
3. Stop Torain. Ryan Torain didn't have a huge day, but he gained some yards in bunches and contributed to Washington's win with a 20 carry, 65-yard rushing performance that included one touchdown.
4. Throw the ball effectively. David Garrard threw for 299 yards, but missed several open receivers all afternoon long. Garrard's two interceptions proved to be more than what the Jaguars stingy defense could overcome.
1. Rashad Jennings goes over 100 with a score. There was virtually no running room for Jennings as the Jaguars running back ran for just 32 yards on 15 carries.
2. Chris Cooley has a big day. The Jacksonville defense kept Cooley under wraps as the Redskins tight end caught five passes for just 48 yards.
3. David has a quarterback rating of over 100. Garrard had another bad day in December and as a result the Jaguars lost. 22 completions in 38 attempts for 299 yards isn't terrible, but Garrard's two interceptions were killers.
4. Sacks o'plenty. Washington sacked David Garrard four times and the Jaguars sacked Rex Grossman only once.
5. The Jaguars stay alive into Week 17. The Jaguars are indeed still alive but just barely. Jacksonville will have to beat Houston next Sunday and have Indianapolis lose to Tennessee to win the AFC South. At least it's a chance.
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
2017 Fantasy Football PrimerAre you ready for the 2017 Fantasy Football season? It can't come soon enough, right? This page is a hub where we both want to look forward towards 2017 but also look back at 2016.
Scout FantasyWednesday at 1:26 PM
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
Top 40 Dynasty Football RookiesHeath Cummings breaks down his ranking of the Top 40 rookies in Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Victor Cruz visits with Tom Coughlin's JagsThe former Giant head coach is evidently given Victor Cruz a chance to prolong his football career.
The Giants Beat05/11/2017