7:30 p.m., Everbank Field
Kickoff Temperature: 87 degrees, 40 percent chance of precipitation
Line: Don’t bet on preseason games, you have a problem
What To Look For
1. Blake Bortles- how will he play? The Jaguars rookie isn’t known as a great practice player but more of a “gamer.” Bortles will be playing with the second-string offense so blocking and receiving could be an issue, but he will be going against the Bucs second-string defense.
2. The Jaguars first team defensive line. Jacksonville should have an advantage against a pretty new Buccaneers offensive line. You don’t learn a ton from preseason openers, but this matchup should tilt in the Jaguars favor.
3. Which running back will look the best? With Toby Gerhart down, this gives extra opportunities for either Jordan Todman, Storm Johnson, Denard Robinson or even someone else to step up and be noticed.
4. Which receiver makes the most of their newfound opportunity? With the myriad of injuries the Jaguars have had at receiver, new guys will be getting a chance to get noticed. The team potentially has three roster spots available at the position and hopefully guys will play their way into them.
5. Keep your hands off on D. The NFL has made it a point to flag anything resembling defensive holding and/or illegal contact. Call it the “Seattle rule” if you may, let’s see if the Jaguars secondary can play good defense without grabbing. They’re going to have to get used to it in the next four weeks.