Jacksonville Jaguars (4-7) vs. Tennessee Titans (2-9)
Sunday, December 6th, 1:00 PM EST
Kickoff Temperature: 55 degrees, 0% chance of precipitation
Line: Titans by 2.5
After last Sunday's disappointing home loss to the San Diego Chargers, the Jaguars look to get the season back on track and sweep the Titans. They will have to play better than the last time these two teams squared off, as Tennessee outplayed Jacksonville for the majority of the game and were lucky to find a way to win.
Keys to a Jaguars victory:
1. Keep Mariota in the pocket. The Jaguars did a pretty good job of this in the last meeting, although they let him escape once and he scored a long touchdown. Jacksonville can't get too aggressive with their pass rush, especially because Mariota saw everything they had just a few weeks earlier. Stay in your lanes and trust the coverage.
2. Take some deep shots. The Titans secondary has struggled this season and the Jaguars need to take some shots down the field, especially with Marqise Lee playing a bigger role. Make the horizontal passing game vertical.
3. Max protect. The Titans were able to get significant pressure on Blake Bortles during the last meeting and they need to do a better job of protecting him.
4. Use Yeldon in the red zone. The Jaguars red zone offense has been atrocious of late, and they've all but evicted T.J. Yeldon out of the stadium when they've got down there. Try handing the ball to your best running back, what's the worst that can happen?
5. Contain Delanie Walker. Walker led the Titans in receiving a couple weeks ago when they played, and he's Marcus Mariota's primary weapon. The Jaguars need to do a much better job against him than they did against Antonio Gates last week.
What to look for:
1. An improved Mariota. Marcus Mariota was playing on a short week for the first time in his career and he missed plenty of reads and plenty of open receivers. The Jaguars won't be as lucky this time.
2. An improved Bortles. Blake Bortles is a good quarterback and he will learn from what he saw a few weeks ago against the Titans. This game could turn into a shootout.
3. Tight ends rule the passing game. Julius Thomas and Blake Bortles are finally on the same page and so is Delanie Walker and Marcus Mariota. With each team's struggles at linebacker and safety, expect to see big days from the tight ends.
4. T.J. Yeldon scores. This has to be the week, right? The Jaguars have to be smart enough to use Yeldon in the red zone. If not, there's some conspiracy.
5. The Titans get the best of them. The Jaguars have a better roster, but that doesn't mean they'll win. Jacksonville will play the Titans close, then something bad will happen at the end.