1. Denver has been in the top ten in rushing offense every year since 2000. Travis Henry is currently leading the NFL in rushing through two weeks, is it the Broncos system, or is Henry even better than those backs that preceded him (with the exception of Terrell Davis)?
- Without a doubt Henrys the most proven back Denvers had in the last several years, and barring injury, should play out as one of the best in the league. But its Shanahans system thats been the key factor - look for rookie free agent Selvin Young to make some noise along side Henry as the year progresses.
- The biggest change in the Denver defense this year was at the top - with new coordinator Jim Bates. Bates brought along a philosophy utilizing bigger, heavier linemen, something the Broncos shied away from in the past - three-hundred fifty pound tackle Sam Adams is a prime example. Right now its a work in progress, but at least its a step in the right direction.
- For a rookie, Moss has looked pretty impressive - six tackles, one forced fumble and one quarterback sack. Admittedly hes still a little green, but at 66 - 265 lbs. hes definitely got what it takes to make an impact over the next few years.
- On paper you cant top Champ Bailey and Dre Bly in the secondary, but it will take time for the pair to get completely comfortable with each other, as well as with a new system. Itll be interesting to see how this one plays out over the year.
- Jays put up some nice numbers over the first two games, but hes also made some typical rookie mistakes - such as the desperation shovel pass in Buffalo. It all comes with the territory - Mike Shanahan is banking on this kid being a franchise quarterback, but understands there will be some growing pains along the way.
Michael John Schon has covered the National Football League and the Denver Broncos for the past ten years. As a member of the Pro Football Writers Association he has published and syndicated columns to both newspapers and magazines throughout the United States and Canada. His syndicated radio broadcast: "Schon Live" airs weekly on various radio stations around the country. Schon can be reached at Schon@prostarmediagroup.net