1. New York Giants- The Super Bowl champs stay at the number one spot until they are defeated. That said, does anyone really think these guys will repeat? Me neither.
2. New England Patriots- The Pats lost Asante Samuel and Donte Stallworth in the offseason, but they still went 18-1 last year which is pretty good. They will always be favorites as long as they have Tom Brady at quarterback.
3. Dallas Cowboys- The NFL's ultimate tease. The ‘Boys appear to be loaded on both sides of the ball, but they haven't won a playoff game in 12 years.
4. Indianapolis Colts- The greatest regular season team over the last five years. The Colts may begin their fall this year, but there's no reason to bet on it.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars- Loaded with depth on both sides of the ball. Do they have enough stars to get over the hump? Will Garrard be a one-year wonder? We'll find out in a few months.
6. Green Bay Packers- Great defense. Aaron Rodgers will be a lot better than many think, and the Pack are one of the best teams in the NFC.
7. San Diego Chargers- All the ingredients of a great team with the exception of a great quarterback. If L.T. stays healthy, they will win their division.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers- Both lines need repair, but they have Ben Roethlisberger and he can take them a long way.
9. Seattle Seahawks- Underrated defense, solid quarterback, good offensive line. Expect them to win the west again.
10. Philadelphia Eagles- If McNabb stays healthy, the Eagles will be better than people think.
11. Cleveland Browns- They are talented, but I'm not a believer. They have the makings of a major quarterback problem.
12. Minnesota Vikings- If Tavaris Jackson can be average, they can be very, very good.
13. Houston Texans- The Texans have all the pieces to take the next step toward wildcard contention, but everyone must stay healthy.
14. New Orleans Saints- They rebuilt their defense in the offseason, and they can win the NFL's worst division.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The Bucs went 3-7 a year ago against teams outside of their division, and they won their division. This year they won't be much better.
16. Buffalo Bills- Well coached group, if Chris Kelsay can play up to his contract, they can be a wildcard contender.
17. Carolina Panthers- Delhomme will be back, they received help in the draft on the O-line and at running back. Panthers could compete again for a division title.
18. Washington Redskins- Talented group, it will take them a while to adjust to rookie head coach Jim Zorn.
19. Tennessee Titans- Tough, well coached team without a reliable quarterback. Titans defense should keep them in a lot of games.
20. Arizona Cardinals- Lots of offensive talent, if Leinart can step up they can have a good record in a weak division.
21. Denver Broncos- Jay Cutler is the key to their season, if he can get better they can be a solid team. Defensive line must be able to stop the run.
22. Baltimore Ravens- Solid defense, rookie quarterback. Not a formula for early success.
23. Chicago Bears- Solid defense, no quarterback. Not a formula for any success.
24. St. Louis Rams- Oodles of offensive talent if they can stay healthy. Chris Long and Adam Carriker will make the defense better.
25. New York Jets- More quarterback issues, the rest of the team isn't strong enough to overcome them.
26. Detroit Lions- Is this the year the Lions compete? No.
27. Cincinnati Bengals- This is the year Marvin Lewis loses his job. Too many distractions.
28. San Francisco 49ers- Shaun Hill or Alex Smith? Neither is the answer.
29. Oakland Raiders- At least they have a good secondary.
30. Miami Dolphins- They will quadruple their win total of a year ago.
31. Kansas City Chiefs- Rebuilt everything but the quarterback position. That was a mistake.
32. Atlanta Falcons- Good luck coach Smith.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of JagNation.com, and a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports.com, Sirius NFL Radio, MySpace Sports and Sportsillustrated.com. Charlie is also a member of the Pro Football Writers Association, and is a columnist for the New Smyrna Observer. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: JagNation.com
JagNation.com NFL Power Rankings
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.
Dis-GUS-tingThere is not much to say about this Jags vs. Raiders game. It was embarrassing from start to finish. The score ended 33-16 and the score seems closer than is actually was. The Jags…