Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Play with a sense of urgency. Despite a dismal start to the game by the Jaguars defense, the team tightened up and never seemed down emotionally, despite facing adversity throughout the game.
2. Stay composed. The Jaguars had very few lapses in concentration and judgment as they committed just five penalties for 44 yards, and won the turnover battle, 2-1.
3. Get pressure on Manning. Although the Jaguars registered just one sack, the team knocked down the Indianapolis quarterback several times and thus disrupted the timing of the Colts offense.
4. Use your weapons. The Jaguars rode their horses in this game, as both Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew topped 100 yards.
5. Stop Joseph Addai. Addai had a solid statistical game, gaining 78 yards on 16 carries with two touchdowns, but he didn't take over. The Jacksonville rushing defense was solid, but not great.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Jaguars to make a big play on special teams. The biggest play of the game came from special teams as Josh Scobee hit a 51-yard field goal with four seconds left.
2. Look for a lot of no huddle. Outside of two-minute drills, neither team actually went no-huddle for much of the game. When the Jags did go no-huddle, they had some success.
3. Draw plays a plenty. The Jaguars ran the draw with Maurice Jones-Drew, Fred Taylor, and even David Garrard. The draw worked to the tune of 236 yards on the ground.
4. Look for at least five combined sacks. We shot an air-ball on this prediction. Both offensive lines were solid as the Jaguars registered the only sack of the game.
5. Look for a touchdown not by the offense. Rashean Mathis cut in front of Marvin Harrison and took a Peyton Manning throw 61 yards to the house.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of Sports Media Interactive, covering multiple teams in the National Football League, NCAA, and National Basketball Association. Charlie is a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports and Sirius NFL Radio, and has been featured on the NFL Network. Charlie is also a member of the Pro Football Writers of America. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: JagNation.com
What the Jaguars Learned Against the Colts
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
2017 Fantasy Football PrimerAre you ready for the 2017 Fantasy Football season? It can't come soon enough, right? This page is a hub where we both want to look forward towards 2017 but also look back at 2016.
Scout FantasyWednesday at 1:26 PM
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
Viking UpdateTuesday at 10:25 AM
Top 40 Dynasty Football RookiesHeath Cummings breaks down his ranking of the Top 40 rookies in Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Victor Cruz visits with Tom Coughlin's JagsThe former Giant head coach is evidently given Victor Cruz a chance to prolong his football career.
The Giants Beat05/11/2017