Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Play with a sense of urgency. Despite a dismal start to the game by the Jaguars defense, the team tightened up and never seemed down emotionally, despite facing adversity throughout the game.
2. Stay composed. The Jaguars had very few lapses in concentration and judgment as they committed just five penalties for 44 yards, and won the turnover battle, 2-1.
3. Get pressure on Manning. Although the Jaguars registered just one sack, the team knocked down the Indianapolis quarterback several times and thus disrupted the timing of the Colts offense.
4. Use your weapons. The Jaguars rode their horses in this game, as both Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew topped 100 yards.
5. Stop Joseph Addai. Addai had a solid statistical game, gaining 78 yards on 16 carries with two touchdowns, but he didn't take over. The Jacksonville rushing defense was solid, but not great.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Jaguars to make a big play on special teams. The biggest play of the game came from special teams as Josh Scobee hit a 51-yard field goal with four seconds left.
2. Look for a lot of no huddle. Outside of two-minute drills, neither team actually went no-huddle for much of the game. When the Jags did go no-huddle, they had some success.
3. Draw plays a plenty. The Jaguars ran the draw with Maurice Jones-Drew, Fred Taylor, and even David Garrard. The draw worked to the tune of 236 yards on the ground.
4. Look for at least five combined sacks. We shot an air-ball on this prediction. Both offensive lines were solid as the Jaguars registered the only sack of the game.
5. Look for a touchdown not by the offense. Rashean Mathis cut in front of Marvin Harrison and took a Peyton Manning throw 61 yards to the house.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of Sports Media Interactive, covering multiple teams in the National Football League, NCAA, and National Basketball Association. Charlie is a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports and Sirius NFL Radio, and has been featured on the NFL Network. Charlie is also a member of the Pro Football Writers of America. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: JagNation.com
What the Jaguars Learned Against the Colts
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.
Dis-GUS-tingThere is not much to say about this Jags vs. Raiders game. It was embarrassing from start to finish. The score ended 33-16 and the score seems closer than is actually was. The Jags…