Cleveland Browns vs Jacksonville Jaguars
Sunday, October 26, 2008, 4:15pm EST
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Records: Cleveland 2-4, Jacksonville 3-3,
Series history: Jaguars lead, 8-2. Last meeting Jaguars won 20-14 in Cleveland in 2005.
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Run the football. The Browns defense is ranked 26th in the league against the run and the Jaguars offensive strength is running the football. Stick with the run and they'll find some space.
2. Cover Braylon Edwards. Although Edwards has had some issues with drops this year, he is still the best offensive threat the Cleveland offense has. Edwards can be a game changer.
3. Win special teams. Browns return man Josh Cribbs is one of the very best in the business, but so are the Jaguars coverage teams. Jacksonville return man Brian Witherspoon is also explosive, and needs to show up big.
4. Protect Garrard. The Browns will try to blitz from different places and the offensive line must recognize this. If the Jaguars line can protect Garrard, he can take advantage of the Cleveland secondary.
5. Take care of the ball. Cleveland isn't as good as the Jaguars and they will have a tough time scoring consistently if they have to go 80 yards at a time. If the Jaguars can eliminate short fields, they should find success.
What to look for:
1. Look for Jerry Porter to be more involved in the Jaguars offense. With Mike Walker down for Sunday, the Jaguars will need Porter to step up.
2. Look for a 100-yard rusher. The good money is on Maurice Jones-Drew, but don't be surprised if it's Fred Taylor or Jamal Lewis.
3. Look for a big special teams play. It could be a fake, block, or most likely a big return.
4. Look for two interceptions by Derek Anderson. The Jaguars secondary has been ball-hawking this season and Anderson has been somewhat less than accurate.
5. Look for less than three combined sacks. Both offensive lines are pretty good and both will handle their defensive counterparts.
Jaguars vs Browns: Final Game Preview
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.