Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, November 2, 2008, 1pm EST
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
Records: Jacksonville 3-4, Cincinnati 0-8
Series history: Jaguars lead, 11-5. Last meeting Jaguars won 23-20 in Jacksonville in 2005.
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Get started early. The Jaguars are playing a winless Bengals team and if they can get an early lead the crowd will turn on the home team.
2. Run the ball. Jacksonville hasn't been able to run the ball successfully this year and there are significant doubts whether they will be able to do it at all this season. The Bengals don't stop the run well and this should be an opportunity for the Jags to take advantage of it.
3. Pressure Fitzpatrick. The Bengals have allowed a lot of sacks this year and the Jaguars have had trouble getting to the quarterback. This is a game in which they can build some confidence.
4. Cover Ocho Cinco. Chad "Johnson," "Ocho Cinco," whatever he calls himself is still a dangerous receiver. If the Jaguars can limit his big plays they should win.
5. Tackle. The Jaguars defense has had major issues tackling this season, and that has cost them a few games. This would be a very good game to fix their tackling issues.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big day by Garrard. The Jaguars signal caller has been red hot lately, and he should tear up a porous Bengals secondary.
2. Look for a touchdown by MJD. Jones-Drew should be able have a big day against a bad Cincy run defense.
3. Look for two or more interceptions. By the Jaguars secondary. They will be facing Ryan Fitzpatrick who is talented, but will throw into coverage.
4. Look for a big return by Witherspoon. The Bengals special teams coverage units haven't been very good and Witherspoon has been close to breaking one several times this year. He will try to make up for last week's fumble.
5. Look for a big game by T.J. Houshmanzadeh should find some openings against the Jaguars secondary.
Jaguars at Bengals - Final Preview
Jags Insider Top Stories
Leonard Fournette drafted at No. 4 by JaguarsLSU running back Leonard Fournette was selected with the No. 4 overall pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Tiger BlitzThursday at 5:36 PM
Dynasty Football CentralThis is where you can find ALL of Scout Fantasy's Dynasty Football content in one simple archive.
Scout FantasyYesterday at 12:10 PM
Taggart Wants Freeman to Be RoyceThe Oregon Ducks began the second week of spring workouts with a guest – Heisman Trophy Winner Marcus Mariota who gave a pep talk to the 2018 squad. While the workout continued,…
Broncos Draft Rewind: Devontae BookerIn a new series, Broncos Draft Rewind, Publisher Chad Jensen and Editor Will Keys break down each of Denver's eight 2016 draft picks almost one year later. Next up, Devontae Booker…
Mile High Huddle04/06/2017
NFL Mock Draft 1.0 Picks 1-10Former Scout Fantasy writer Scott Gallimore joins Dolphins Report Publisher Eric Roddy in a post Free Agency mock draft. Here are the first 10 picks.