Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, November 2, 2008, 1pm EST
Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH
Records: Jacksonville 3-4, Cincinnati 0-8
Series history: Jaguars lead, 11-5. Last meeting Jaguars won 23-20 in Jacksonville in 2005.
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Get started early. The Jaguars are playing a winless Bengals team and if they can get an early lead the crowd will turn on the home team.
2. Run the ball. Jacksonville hasn't been able to run the ball successfully this year and there are significant doubts whether they will be able to do it at all this season. The Bengals don't stop the run well and this should be an opportunity for the Jags to take advantage of it.
3. Pressure Fitzpatrick. The Bengals have allowed a lot of sacks this year and the Jaguars have had trouble getting to the quarterback. This is a game in which they can build some confidence.
4. Cover Ocho Cinco. Chad "Johnson," "Ocho Cinco," whatever he calls himself is still a dangerous receiver. If the Jaguars can limit his big plays they should win.
5. Tackle. The Jaguars defense has had major issues tackling this season, and that has cost them a few games. This would be a very good game to fix their tackling issues.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big day by Garrard. The Jaguars signal caller has been red hot lately, and he should tear up a porous Bengals secondary.
2. Look for a touchdown by MJD. Jones-Drew should be able have a big day against a bad Cincy run defense.
3. Look for two or more interceptions. By the Jaguars secondary. They will be facing Ryan Fitzpatrick who is talented, but will throw into coverage.
4. Look for a big return by Witherspoon. The Bengals special teams coverage units haven't been very good and Witherspoon has been close to breaking one several times this year. He will try to make up for last week's fumble.
5. Look for a big game by T.J. Houshmanzadeh should find some openings against the Jaguars secondary.
Jaguars at Bengals - Final Preview
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Early Veteran Cuts that Could Help the TexansAn early look at veteran players that are hitting the market early that could potentially fit the Houston Texans.
State of the Texans7:24 AM
Which Running Backs Can Make the Cut in 2017?Which backs will make it onto Mike McCoy's offense on the 2017 squad?
Mile High HuddleYesterday at 9:08 AM
Playing the NFL QB Carousel WheelWhile the QB position is the most important position in the NFL, quite a few teams are in the processing of changing theirs.
The OBRSaturday at 7:03 AM
Broncos Sign Defensive End Bobby RichardsonRichardson is an undrafted rookie out of Indiana who started 11 games for the Saints in 2015.
Mile High HuddleFriday at 11:07 AM
Okung Out; Where Does Denver Go For LT Help?The Broncos have a gaping hole at left tackle. Doc Bear evaluates the best free agent options available to the Broncos in 2017.
Mile High HuddleFriday at 10:14 AM