Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Get started early. The Jaguars defense recorded an interception on the Lions third play from scrimmage and turned it into a field goal. After briefly falling behind, the Jaguars poured it on and never stopped.
2. Cover Calvin. The dynamic Lions receiver caught two deep balls for 92 yards.
3. Stop the run. The Jaguars defense was solid against the run as they held Detroit to just 65 yards on the ground.
4. Play in front of the sticks. There were very few penalties and sacks, and the Jaguars offense was very effective.
5. Make plays on defense. The Jags intercepted one pass and sacked Lions quarterbacks seven times.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Jags offense to get back on track. The Jaguars stuck against a porous Lions defense in a big way as they scored 38 points, easily a season high.
2. Matt Jones for 6. Jones caught five passes before leaving the game with a leg contusion. If he would've stayed in, he could've caught as many as he wanted.
3. Calvin Johnson for 6. The great Lions receiver was held to just two catches, but they still totaled 92 yards.
4. Fred Taylor to have a big day. Taylor only worked for about a half, but was effective as he gained 80 yards on 18 carries, and caught a screen pass for 17 yards.
5. Look for the Jags to force three turnovers. The Jags only forced one turnover on the day.
What We Learned Against Detroit
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
The Great EscapeThis team needs to get out of town. Out of the state. Out of the timezone. Out of the hemisphere. Okay not quite that far, but almost.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 6:38 PM
London's Gentleman: Roy Miller InterviewI sat down with Jags DT Roy Miller in the locker room. We discussed everything from Gus Bradley's future to the trip to London.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 7:00 AM
Identity CrisisThe Jags have started the 2016 season on a rough note. 0-3 is a tough pill to swallow and many fans are calling for Gus Bradley’s job. People are even starting to question their…
Jags IllustratedTuesday at 3:48 AM
State of the JaguarsWith a loss to the Ravens on Sunday, the Jaguars next game against Indianapolis in London is by far the most important game they've played so far this season.
Jags IllustratedMonday at 7:43 AM
Generally Managing the JaguarsThe Jags are 0-3 after losing to the Ravens today at Everbank. Blake Bortles was unimpressive, Gus Bradley is feeling the heat, and the defense gave up a game winning drive. …
Jags IllustratedSunday at 6:39 PM