Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Sunday, November 16, 2008, 4:15pm EST
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Records: Tennessee 9-0, Jacksonville 4-5
Series history: Titans lead, 15-12. Last meeting Titans won 17-10 on opening day.
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Stop the run. The Jaguars haven't done a very good job of stopping the run this season, and the talented yet inexperienced Lions rookie Kevin Smith had a career day against them just last week. The Titans love to pound the rock and the combo of Chris Johnson and Lendale White are more than formidable.
2. Make plays in the passing game. The Titans will line up in a lot of cover one which will open up the outside for the Jaguars to make plays. The wide receivers and tight ends can't drop big passes and David Garrard must be accurate and not get flustered.
3. Protect Garrard. Once Garrard starts getting hit, he becomes very ineffective as a passer. That certainly happened on opening day and the Jaguars offensive line must do a better job of keeping the rush away from Garrard.
4. Be the more physical team. It sounds simple, and really is. If the Jaguars are going to knock off the undefeated Titans they must be more physical than them and control the line of scrimmage.
5. Make a big play on special teams. The Jaguars have the more explosive return men and they must put the offense in good field position in what is likely to be a low-scoring affair.
What to look for:
1. Look for 150+ yards rushing for the Titans. Their offensive line is too physical and their backs are too good to be shut down two games in a row.
2. Look for a big day by Maurice Jones-Drew. MJD is hitting his stride coming off his three touchdown game a week ago, and look for him to be the Jaguars best offensive weapon.
3. Marcedes Lewis in the seam. Lewis has to be a big factor if the Jaguars are going to win.
4. Bo Scaife will have a big day. Scaife is one of Kerry Collins favorite targets and he matches up well against the Jags linebackers.
5. Look for Brian Witherspoon to be special. Witherspoon was a healthy scratch last week and the Jags return game suffered. The dynamic rookie had a big game against the Titans on opening day, and look for Jack Del Rio to utilize him Sunday.
Jaguars vs Titans: Final Preview
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Elway's Approach To Winning The OffseasonCarl Dumler analyzes how the decisions John Elway and the Broncos front office make in the offseason, consistently put them in a position to win on the grid-iron.
Mile High Huddle9:29 AM
Do Miami Dolphins Have Need at CB?With rumors swirling that the Miami Dolphins could land a veteran cornerback, Eric Roddy looks at the position and determines if there is a need.
Dolphins ReportWednesday at 1:14 AM
2 New Veteran D-Linemen On Denver's RadarThe Broncos are looking to sign a couple free agent defensive linemen and two new options recently emerged on the market.
Mile High HuddleTuesday at 6:20 PM
Miami Dolphins Add Thomas for 7th Round PickAfter moments of confusion, the dust has settled on the Miami Dolphins and Julius Thomas trade.
Dolphins ReportTuesday at 12:33 AM