Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Chicago Bears
Sunday, December 6, 2008, 1pm EST
Records: Jacksonville 4-8, Chicago 6-6
Series history: Tied at 2. Last meeting, Jaguars won 22-3 in Jacksonville (2004).
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Get started early. With a team that has struggled with confidence such as the Jaguars, a quick start is imperative.
2. Make plays in the passing game. The Bears will stack up the box to stop the run and David Garrard needs to be accurate and the Jaguars receivers need to make plays.
3. Stop Forte. Matt Forte is by far the most dynamic player on the Bears offense and if he's running well he makes Kyle Orton a lot better.
4. Limit big plays. The Bears are not the kind of offense that can go 80 yards with regularity, they rely on explosive plays from their speedy wideouts and their return game to put points on the board.
5. Embrace the cold. The Jaguars have played well in the cold in recent seasons and they need to embrace the cold weather.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Jaguars to come out firing. There's nothing to lose and Garrard plays better in the no huddle. Look for the Jags to employ some of that early on.
2. Look for less than 70 yards rushing for the Jags. The Bears know that they need to put the game on Garrard's arm.
3. Look for a big play from Hester. With Rashean Mathis out for the game and the rest of the season, the Bears speedy receiver should be able to get behind either Brian Williams or Drayton Florence.
4. Look for 2 missed FG's. The wind should be gusty and Josh Scobee has been struggling. Look for some errant kicks.
5. Look for the Jags to show up. It's easy for a team with a 4-8 record to quit, but don't look for that. The Jaguars will relish the role of spoilers and it should be a tight game in the fourth quarter.
Jaguars at Bears: Final Game Preview
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Cougar Football NotebookZACH CHARME, WSU's starting punter in 2015, is no longer with the team as CF.C reported earlier and per the new roster released on the eve of spring practices. In addition,…
CougfanThursday at 1:09 AM
Steelers Sign Ironman AlualuThe Steelers found quality depth for the defensive line in Tyson Alualu.
Steel City InsiderTuesday at 10:16 AM
Steelers Sign Pair of Free AgentsThe Steelers have signed a kickoff return specialist and a veteran cornerback in free agency.
Steel City InsiderMonday at 12:01 PM
Prayers Answered with Return to PackersDavon House said he went to Pittsburgh with the expectation that he would be signing with the Steelers. Instead, he got his dream deal to return to Green Bay.