Green Bay Packers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Sunday, December 13, 2008, 1pm EST
Records: Green Bay 5-8, Jacksonville 4-9
Series history: Green Bay leads, 2-1. Last meeting, Jaguars won 28-25 in Green Bay (2004).
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Find a reason to play. The Jaguars are out of playoff contention and some of their best players have been placed on the IR. The team has just two home games remaining and they need to find some pride and play hard.
2. Limit big plays. Greg Jennings is a great deep ball receiver and Aaron Rodgers can certainly get the ball there. The Jaguars corners and safeties must cover against the long pass if the Jags are going to have any chance to win.
3. Give it to MJD. Jones-Drew is the Jaguars best playmaker and they will have no chance unless he is heavily involved in the game plan.
4. Win special teams. Will Blackmon is a great return man and the Jaguars have to shut him down. It would also be nice if Brian Witherspoon once again flashed some of that potential he showed in preseason.
5. Pressure Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers has done a very nice job in his first season as a starter, but he will make mistakes if and when pressured.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big special teams play. Blocked punt, big return, or fake, something should happen on special teams.
2. Look for Rodgers to have better than a 100 QB rating. Rodgers has the receivers and a solid offensive line. He should pick apart the Jaguars secondary.
3. Look for Garrard to continue his decline. The Jaguars signal caller has been terrible in the last month and without all of his weapons, the poor play will likely continue.
4. Look for MJD to score. If he doesn't, who else will for the Jags?
5. Look for Greg Jennings to find the end zone. The talented wide receiver is no match for either of the Jaguars corners.
Jaguars vs Packers: Final Preview
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Cougar Football NotebookZACH CHARME, WSU's starting punter in 2015, is no longer with the team as CF.C reported earlier and per the new roster released on the eve of spring practices. In addition,…
CougfanYesterday at 1:09 AM
Steelers Sign Ironman AlualuThe Steelers found quality depth for the defensive line in Tyson Alualu.
Steel City InsiderTuesday at 10:16 AM
Steelers Sign Pair of Free AgentsThe Steelers have signed a kickoff return specialist and a veteran cornerback in free agency.
Steel City InsiderMonday at 12:01 PM
Prayers Answered with Return to PackersDavon House said he went to Pittsburgh with the expectation that he would be signing with the Steelers. Instead, he got his dream deal to return to Green Bay.