Green Bay Packers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Sunday, December 13, 2008, 1pm EST
Records: Green Bay 5-8, Jacksonville 4-9
Series history: Green Bay leads, 2-1. Last meeting, Jaguars won 28-25 in Green Bay (2004).
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Find a reason to play. The Jaguars are out of playoff contention and some of their best players have been placed on the IR. The team has just two home games remaining and they need to find some pride and play hard.
2. Limit big plays. Greg Jennings is a great deep ball receiver and Aaron Rodgers can certainly get the ball there. The Jaguars corners and safeties must cover against the long pass if the Jags are going to have any chance to win.
3. Give it to MJD. Jones-Drew is the Jaguars best playmaker and they will have no chance unless he is heavily involved in the game plan.
4. Win special teams. Will Blackmon is a great return man and the Jaguars have to shut him down. It would also be nice if Brian Witherspoon once again flashed some of that potential he showed in preseason.
5. Pressure Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers has done a very nice job in his first season as a starter, but he will make mistakes if and when pressured.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big special teams play. Blocked punt, big return, or fake, something should happen on special teams.
2. Look for Rodgers to have better than a 100 QB rating. Rodgers has the receivers and a solid offensive line. He should pick apart the Jaguars secondary.
3. Look for Garrard to continue his decline. The Jaguars signal caller has been terrible in the last month and without all of his weapons, the poor play will likely continue.
4. Look for MJD to score. If he doesn't, who else will for the Jags?
5. Look for Greg Jennings to find the end zone. The talented wide receiver is no match for either of the Jaguars corners.
Jaguars vs Packers: Final Preview
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Know Your Enemy Week 4: Indianapolis ColtsWeek 4 sees Jacksonville in London playing the Indianapolis Colts. Both teams have a lot to play for, so this has all the potential to be a good game. With that said, what would…
Jags Illustrated9:02 AM
Paper Weight: An Interview w/ Allen HurnsJaguars WR Allen Hurns earned a 4 year $40 million contract this past offseason, $20 million of which is guaranteed. A lot of players might fold under the pressure of their first…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 3:20 PM
The Great EscapeThis team needs to get out of town. Out of the state. Out of the timezone. Out of the hemisphere. Okay not quite that far, but almost.
Jags IllustratedWednesday at 6:38 PM
London's Gentleman: Roy Miller InterviewI sat down with Jags DT Roy Miller in the locker room. We discussed everything from Gus Bradley's future to the trip to London.
Jags IllustratedWednesday at 7:00 AM