Green Bay Packers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Sunday, December 13, 2008, 1pm EST
Records: Green Bay 5-8, Jacksonville 4-9
Series history: Green Bay leads, 2-1. Last meeting, Jaguars won 28-25 in Green Bay (2004).
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Find a reason to play. The Jaguars are out of playoff contention and some of their best players have been placed on the IR. The team has just two home games remaining and they need to find some pride and play hard.
2. Limit big plays. Greg Jennings is a great deep ball receiver and Aaron Rodgers can certainly get the ball there. The Jaguars corners and safeties must cover against the long pass if the Jags are going to have any chance to win.
3. Give it to MJD. Jones-Drew is the Jaguars best playmaker and they will have no chance unless he is heavily involved in the game plan.
4. Win special teams. Will Blackmon is a great return man and the Jaguars have to shut him down. It would also be nice if Brian Witherspoon once again flashed some of that potential he showed in preseason.
5. Pressure Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers has done a very nice job in his first season as a starter, but he will make mistakes if and when pressured.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big special teams play. Blocked punt, big return, or fake, something should happen on special teams.
2. Look for Rodgers to have better than a 100 QB rating. Rodgers has the receivers and a solid offensive line. He should pick apart the Jaguars secondary.
3. Look for Garrard to continue his decline. The Jaguars signal caller has been terrible in the last month and without all of his weapons, the poor play will likely continue.
4. Look for MJD to score. If he doesn't, who else will for the Jags?
5. Look for Greg Jennings to find the end zone. The talented wide receiver is no match for either of the Jaguars corners.
Jaguars vs Packers: Final Preview
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
2017 Fantasy Football PrimerAre you ready for the 2017 Fantasy Football season? It can't come soon enough, right? This page is a hub where we both want to look forward towards 2017 but also look back at 2016.
Scout FantasyWednesday at 1:26 PM
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
Viking UpdateTuesday at 10:25 AM
Top 40 Dynasty Football RookiesHeath Cummings breaks down his ranking of the Top 40 rookies in Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Victor Cruz visits with Tom Coughlin's JagsThe former Giant head coach is evidently given Victor Cruz a chance to prolong his football career.
The Giants Beat05/11/2017
Leonard Fournette drafted at No. 4 by JaguarsLSU running back Leonard Fournette was selected with the No. 4 overall pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars.