Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Thursday, December 18, 2008, 8:15pm EST
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Records: Jacksonville 5-9, Indianapolis 10-4
Series history: Indianapolis leads, 11-4. Last meeting Jaguars won 23-21 in Indianapolis.
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Relish the role of spoiler. If the Jaguars can't make the playoffs, what would be better than ruining the Colts chances of making it? The Jaguars are underdogs and should play with no pressure as they try and complete the sweep over Indy.
2. Chip away in the passing game. The Colts don't allow big plays in the passing game so the Jaguars need to take care of the football and keep moving the chains.
3. Play in front of the sticks. Jacksonville must avoid sacks and penalties when on offense, because they aren't good enough to convert third and longs with consistency.
4. Get MJD involved a lot. The more Jones-Drew touches the ball, the more success the Jaguars will have. It's really that simple.
5. Cover the deep ball. Indianapolis has a huge advantage with their passing game against the Jacksonville secondary and the Jaguars must keep Indy from getting big chunks of yardage quickly.
What to look for:
1. Look for Peyton Manning to throw for over 250 yards. I'm not sure how the Jaguars will slow down all the Colts weapons.
2. Look for Bob Sanders to make a difference. Sanders missed the first game between these two teams this year and the Jaguars were able to run the ball at will. It will be much more difficult with Sanders active.
3. Look for a Dallas Clark TD. He's always open and he always plays well against Jacksonville.
4. Look for a big return by Brian Witherspoon. We may be going out on a bit of a limb here.
5. Look for Indy to win their eighth in a row. The Jaguars simply don't have the horses to get the job done in this one.
Jaguars vs Colts: Final Preview
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
2017 Fantasy Football PrimerAre you ready for the 2017 Fantasy Football season? It can't come soon enough, right? This page is a hub where we both want to look forward towards 2017 but also look back at 2016.
Scout FantasyWednesday at 1:26 PM
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
Viking UpdateTuesday at 10:25 AM
Top 40 Dynasty Football RookiesHeath Cummings breaks down his ranking of the Top 40 rookies in Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Victor Cruz visits with Tom Coughlin's JagsThe former Giant head coach is evidently given Victor Cruz a chance to prolong his football career.
The Giants Beat05/11/2017
Leonard Fournette drafted at No. 4 by JaguarsLSU running back Leonard Fournette was selected with the No. 4 overall pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars.