Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Baltimore Ravens
Sunday, December 28, 2008, 4:15pm EST
Records: Jacksonville 5-10, Baltimore 10-5
Series history: Jacksonville leads, 9-6. Last meeting Jaguars won 30-3 in 2005.
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Match Baltimore's intensity early on. The Ravens need a victory to qualify for postseason play and they will be ready to go on Sunday afternoon. Jacksonville must maintain composure in a very unfriendly place early on or the game could get away from them.
2. Don't turn the ball over. If the Jaguars are going to beat a better Ravens team, they simply can't make mistakes.
3. Stop the run. The only chance Jacksonville has is to stop the great Baltimore running game and force the game on the arm of rookie Joe Flacco.
4. Make big plays in the passing game. Baltimore is going to take away the run so David Garrard must not make mistakes, and the Jags receivers must get open and catch the football.
5. Protect Garrard. Baltimore has a fierce pass rush, and the Jaguars must keep David Garrard upright or he will get flustered and make mistakes.
What to look for:
1. Look for a Le'Ron McClain touchdown or two. The talented Ravens power back is a great short yardage rusher and he should find the end zone.
2. Look for three turnovers by the Jaguars. They've been turning the ball over all year long, why would it stop against one of the league's best defenses?
3. Look for Haoli Ngata to dominate. Ngata is as dominant a player as there is at his defensive tackle position, and his play is reminiscent of John Henderson's in his heyday.
4. Look for a big special teams play. It could be a long return, blocked kick, or even both.
5. Look for Mike Walker to play big. The Jaguars receiver has had a mostly off year, but he has great talent. Look for Walker to step up assuming he gets some passes thrown in his direction.
Jaguars at Ravens: Final Preview
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
2017 Fantasy Football PrimerAre you ready for the 2017 Fantasy Football season? It can't come soon enough, right? This page is a hub where we both want to look forward towards 2017 but also look back at 2016.
Scout FantasyWednesday at 1:26 PM
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
Viking UpdateTuesday at 10:25 AM
Top 40 Dynasty Football RookiesHeath Cummings breaks down his ranking of the Top 40 rookies in Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Victor Cruz visits with Tom Coughlin's JagsThe former Giant head coach is evidently given Victor Cruz a chance to prolong his football career.
The Giants Beat05/11/2017
Leonard Fournette drafted at No. 4 by JaguarsLSU running back Leonard Fournette was selected with the No. 4 overall pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars.