Jacksonville Jaguars at Miami Dolphins
Land Shark Stadium, Miami, FL
Monday, August 17th, 7:30 p.m.
Kickoff Temperature: 85 degrees, 30% chance of precipitation
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Stay healthy. The Jaguars have had a pretty lucky camp as far as injuries have been concerned. It would be nice if that were still the case after Monday night.
2. Sharp play from the quarterback position. David Garrard has looked inconsistent at best in camp, and they will need him to play like a franchise quarterback if they're going to have any chance of a winning record this year.
3. Stop the run. The Jaguars simply didn't stop the run well enough last season and there are questions again this year on their defensive line. Let's see if they can stop a powerful Miami offensive line.
4. Pressure the passer. Harvey and Groves were drafted to affect the quarterback a year ago, and they didn't do much of it.
5. Get open. Lets see if the new group of Jaguars receivers can get away from defensive backs.
Players to keep your eyes on:
1. Derrick Harvey - Lets see if he can get anything done if he's lined up against the great Jake Long.
2. Terrance Knighton - Will the third-round pick from Temple be the successor to John Henderson?
3. Derek Cox - He and Knighton are the two guys that this draft class will be judged upon. He's looked fantastic in camp, how will he play against other team's receivers?
4. Troy Williamson - The speedy wideout is trying to earn a roster spot and keep his NFL career alive.
5. Rashad Jennings - The rookie from Liberty has nimble feet, let's see if he's quick enough to make yards on a tough NFL defense.
Preseason Preview: Jaguars at Dolphins
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.