Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Pressure Kurt Warner. The Jaguars rarely put any kind of heat on Warner, thus leading to his record setting day. Zero sacks recorded and just one hit on the quarterback.
2. Don't let Larry Fitzgerald beat you. Fitzgerald didn't beat the Jags by himself, as he was used more or less as a decoy. Four catches for 34 yards and an acrobatic touchdown.
3. No arm tackles. Tackling was a big problem for the Jaguars, namely Reggie Nelson.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Diversity. The Cards stacked the box to stop Maurice Jones-Drew and despite a big early run, they were very effective. Garrard couldn't hit his receivers until it was too late.
2. Take some shots downfield. The Jags didn't really do this until the outcome was already decided.
3. A fast start. The Jaguars scored on their first offensive possession, but the defense couldn't do it's part.
What to look for:
1. Look for a low-scoring game. The Jags offense did it's part, unfortunately the defense allowed far too many points.
2. Look for the Cards to test Derek Cox. The Cards tested everyone with outstanding results.
3. Look for the Jags to take some shots downfield. They did later in the game, but there was too much underneath stuff in the first half.
4. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to run for less than 75 yards. MJD finished with just 13 carries for 66 yards. The score of the game pretty much neutralized any chance of Jones-Drew being successful.
5. Look for the Jags to win the football game. Boy, were we off.
What We Learned: Jaguars vs Cardinals
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Dis-GUS-tingThere is not much to say about this Jags vs. Raiders game. It was embarrassing from start to finish. The score ended 33-16 and the score seems closer than is actually was. The Jags…
Jags Illustrated12:00 PM
Raiders vs Jags - 2 Minute WarningThe Jags and Raiders have been the two poster franchises for "Ineptitude Magazine" for the better part of the last decade. They are almost identical to one another in terms of…
Jags Illustrated8:50 AM
Super Allen BrosThe Oakland Raiders have one of the worst secondaries in the league. They are near the bottom of the league in terms of passing yards allowed per game, and have made decent…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 6:30 AM
Know Your Enemy Week 7: Oakland RaidersJacksonville is coming off of a big time comeback win over the Chicago Bears and are probably amped for the opportunity to play against a team that leads the AFC West, the Oakland…
Jags IllustratedFriday at 12:47 PM