Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Bend but don't break. The Jaguars didn't allow many big plays, and the Rams offense struggled after the opening drive.
2. Affect the quarterback. Jacksonville was able to sustain some pressure on Marc Bulger, as they recorded their fifth sack of the season, and hit him twice.
3. Stop Steve. Running back Steven Jackson ran for 50 yards on 16 carries, but led the Rams in receiving with six catches for 78 yards.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Stay balanced. The Jaguars had a nice mix of run and pass as the receivers and Maurice Jones-Drew put up big numbers.
2. Get Walker re-started. Mike Sims-Walker was big again as he gave David Garrard another great target to throw to.
3. Limit turnovers. The Jaguars turned the ball over three times, one of which a Garrard interception that went back for a touchdown. If it wasn't for the turnovers, the team would've won in a blowout.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to go over the century mark with a trip to the end zone. Jones-Drew had 133 yards rushing on 33 carries with three touchdowns, and he caught five passes for 45 yards.
2. Look for MSW to lead the team in receiving. The UCF grad caught nine passes for 120 yards as he led the team in receiving.
3. Look for Steven Jackson to struggle. Jackson was good, but not great, as he averaged just over three yards per carry.
4. Look for the Jags to register two or more sacks. They were only able to get one sack and they hit Bulger twice.
5. Look for the Jaguars to get back to .500. The Jags won ugly, but they won. It was an unimpressive performance against a team who's now lost 16 consecutive games.
Jaguars: What We Learned Against St. Louis
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Cougar Football NotebookZACH CHARME, WSU's starting punter in 2015, is no longer with the team as CF.C reported earlier and per the new roster released on the eve of spring practices. In addition,…
CougfanThursday at 1:09 AM
Steelers Sign Ironman AlualuThe Steelers found quality depth for the defensive line in Tyson Alualu.
Steel City InsiderTuesday at 10:16 AM
Steelers Sign Pair of Free AgentsThe Steelers have signed a kickoff return specialist and a veteran cornerback in free agency.
Steel City InsiderMonday at 12:01 PM
Prayers Answered with Return to PackersDavon House said he went to Pittsburgh with the expectation that he would be signing with the Steelers. Instead, he got his dream deal to return to Green Bay.