Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Bend but don't break. The Jaguars didn't allow many big plays, and the Rams offense struggled after the opening drive.
2. Affect the quarterback. Jacksonville was able to sustain some pressure on Marc Bulger, as they recorded their fifth sack of the season, and hit him twice.
3. Stop Steve. Running back Steven Jackson ran for 50 yards on 16 carries, but led the Rams in receiving with six catches for 78 yards.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Stay balanced. The Jaguars had a nice mix of run and pass as the receivers and Maurice Jones-Drew put up big numbers.
2. Get Walker re-started. Mike Sims-Walker was big again as he gave David Garrard another great target to throw to.
3. Limit turnovers. The Jaguars turned the ball over three times, one of which a Garrard interception that went back for a touchdown. If it wasn't for the turnovers, the team would've won in a blowout.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to go over the century mark with a trip to the end zone. Jones-Drew had 133 yards rushing on 33 carries with three touchdowns, and he caught five passes for 45 yards.
2. Look for MSW to lead the team in receiving. The UCF grad caught nine passes for 120 yards as he led the team in receiving.
3. Look for Steven Jackson to struggle. Jackson was good, but not great, as he averaged just over three yards per carry.
4. Look for the Jags to register two or more sacks. They were only able to get one sack and they hit Bulger twice.
5. Look for the Jaguars to get back to .500. The Jags won ugly, but they won. It was an unimpressive performance against a team who's now lost 16 consecutive games.
Jaguars: What We Learned Against St. Louis
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Running BacksRemember all that running back depth the Jags supposedly had all offseason? Apparently that went out the window because T.J. Yeldon touched the ball forty times in two games. With…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 3:30 AM
Know Your Enemy Week 3: Baltimore RavensIt's important to know your enemy. With this segment, we'll be looking at the Jaguars through the eyes of the Baltimore Ravens, and see how it is the Ravens will try to beat a…
Jags IllustratedFriday at 7:55 AM
Tracking Distance: An Interview w/ Myles JackJags Illustrated Senior Writer Zac Blobner caught up with Jacksonville LB Myles Jack in anticipation of the Ravens landing at the Bank for their Week 3 showdown!
Jags IllustratedThursday at 1:50 PM
Chill OutThis team has 3 rookies starting on defense. Eight new starters. Did we not learn anything from the 2011 Miami Heat, 2004 Boston Red Sox or any Clemson Tiger Football team the…
Jags IllustratedWednesday at 11:04 AM