Three most important things for the Jaguars defense:
1. Keep contain/make Vince Young a quarterback. Young broke contain several times and made some plays with his feet. Young ran 12 times for 30 yards.
2. Go cover one or zero. The Jaguars were unable to stop the run as Chris Johnson had a career day running for 228 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
3. Catch the ball. Derek Cox dropped an easy interception early on, and the Jags didn't get another real shot at one.
Three most important things for the Jaguars offense:
1. Get Jones-Drew touches. MJD had eight carries and just one catch. The result- a Jaguars loss.
2. Play safe. The Jaguars turned the ball over two times, both on Garrard interceptions. That's not playing safe.
3. Attack through the air. David Garrard wasn't very accurate and the pass protection really didn't comply for a good passing attack.
What to look for:
1. Look for MJD to score- Jones-Drew found the end zone twice and accounted for all of the Jaguars offense.
2. Look for MSW to score- Mike Sims-Walker had a rough day, as did all of Garrard's targets. He caught two passes for nine yards.
3. Look for four combined turnovers- Only two turnovers, both by the Jags.
4. Look for the Jaguars defense to hold the Titans under 225 yards- The Jaguars couldn't keep Chris Johnson under 225, much less the Titans entire offense.
5. Look for the upset, sort of. There's a reason why the Titans were favored. They clearly looked like the better team.
Jaguars: What We Learned Against Tennessee
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
State of the JaguarsWith a loss to the Ravens on Sunday, the Jaguars next game against Indianapolis in London is by far the most important game they've played so far this season.
Jags Illustrated7:43 AM
Generally Managing the JaguarsThe Jags are 0-3 after losing to the Ravens today at Everbank. Blake Bortles was unimpressive, Gus Bradley is feeling the heat, and the defense gave up a game winning drive. …
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 6:39 PM
HeartbreakerThe Jags lost in heart breaking fashion to the Baltimore Ravens. After a loss, most people look to point the finger and blame someone or something for the result. There are a…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 12:50 PM
Ravens vs Jaguars Preview - 2 Minute WarningThere is a "Point of No Return" for this current regime. An 0-3 start would all but make the Colts game in London a must win.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 4:36 AM
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Running BacksRemember all that running back depth the Jags supposedly had all offseason? Apparently that went out the window because T.J. Yeldon touched the ball forty times in two games. With…
Jags IllustratedSaturday at 3:30 AM