Kansas City Chiefs (1-6) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4)
Sunday, November 8th, 2009
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Kickoff temperature: 80 degrees, 0% chance of precipitation
Line: Jaguars by 6.5
Trends: Jaguars have lost two of their last three games; Chiefs have dropped 27 of their last 30 games.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Pressure Matt Cassel. Everyone else has. The Jaguars pass rush has been downright awful, but the Chiefs have allowed 27 sacks in just seven games. Matt Cassel hasn't been good under pressure, and if the Jags can make him uncomfortable, he should struggle.
2. Win third down. Kansas City is converting on just 21% of their third downs this season. Don't let that change.
3. Blanket Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is the Chiefs best play-maker and really the only player that should be on the Jags defensive radar.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. No turnovers. The Chiefs can't sustain long scoring drives so the only way they'll mount much of an offensive attack is by capitalizing on mistakes. David Garrard must play a safe game.
2. Give MJD the ball. Good things happen when they do. Why wouldn't they give it to the best player on their team?
3. Get MSW involved. Mike Sims-Walker had just two catches for nine yards a week ago. He must be targeted more.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to get near 30 touches. The trend has been to get MJD more involved after an embarrassing loss in which the offense isn't smart enough to give him the rock.
2. Look for the Chiefs to have under 80 yards rushing. The Jaguars will tackle better this week and more importantly, they won't be going up against Chris Johnson.
3. Look for Mike Thomas to have an impact. The Jaguars slot receiver has shown he can be a legit weapon.
4. Look for Dwayne Bowe to score. Bowe is an excellent receiver and the Chiefs best (and really only) weapon.
5. Look for the Jaguars to get back to .500. Kansas City is a worse team on paper than they are on the field, and they're really bad on the field. No way the Jags drop this one.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Chiefs
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Paper Weight: An Interview w/ Allen HurnsJaguars WR Allen Hurns earned a 4 year $40 million contract this past offseason, $20 million of which is guaranteed. A lot of players might fold under the pressure of their first…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 3:20 PM
The Great EscapeThis team needs to get out of town. Out of the state. Out of the timezone. Out of the hemisphere. Okay not quite that far, but almost.
Jags IllustratedWednesday at 6:38 PM
London's Gentleman: Roy Miller InterviewI sat down with Jags DT Roy Miller in the locker room. We discussed everything from Gus Bradley's future to the trip to London.
Jags IllustratedWednesday at 7:00 AM
Identity CrisisThe Jags have started the 2016 season on a rough note. 0-3 is a tough pill to swallow and many fans are calling for Gus Bradley’s job. People are even starting to question their…
Jags IllustratedTuesday at 3:48 AM