Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4) vs. New York Jets (4-4)
Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 1:00 p.m.
Line: Jets by 7
Trends: Jaguars have alternated wins and losses over the last five games. Jets have lost three of their last four games.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop the run. The Jets are the best in the league at running the football, and they love to grind out games with Thomas Jones and rookie Shonn Greene behind a very physical offensive line. No matter if the Jags line up in 4-3 or 3-4, their first priority should be slowing down the Jets on the ground.
2. Pressure Sanchez. Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez has been up and down during his rookie season and he's thrown 10 interceptions thus far. If the Jags can make the prized rookie uncomfortable, he will make some mistakes.
3. No big plays for Edwards. Braylon Edwards is the Jets most talented wideout and he is a big play waiting to happen. Jacksonville needs to be aware of him every time he's on the football field.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Pick up the blitz. Few teams blitz as much as the Jets and they are able to force turnovers off their blitz packages if not picked up. The Jaguars need to stick to their assignments and avoid turnovers.
2. Get MJD touches. When Maurice Jones-Drew touches the football good things happen more often than not. Get it?
3. Don't be afraid to attack. The Jets will play plenty of man coverage and the Jaguars must make them pay for it.
What to look for:
1. Look for four combined turnovers. With an attacking defense and a rookie quarterback, there should be plenty of turnovers to go around.
2. Look for the winner of the Thomas Jones/Maurice Jones-Drew matchup to determine the outcome of the game. Both teams will try and establish the run and whichever is more successful should win.
3. Look for a TD by MSW. Mike Sims-Walker is as good as it gets for the Jags. He will have an advantage in one-on-one situations.
4. Look for four or more dropped passes. Both teams pass catchers tend to be unreliable at times.
5. Look for the Jets to move above .500. The Jets defense will prove to be too much for the Jaguars and they will force mistakes.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Jets
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
Jaguars' Training Camp PreviewEverything is about to get real here in Jacksonville with training camp just over a week away
Jaguars ForeverYesterday at 11:02 AM
Jags Dante Fowler Arrested In St. PetersburgJacksonville Jaguars defensive end Dante Fowler, Jr. was arrested on misdemeanor charges of simple battery and mischief.
Jaguars ForeverYesterday at 8:33 AM
The Most To ProveDo the Jacksonville Jaguars and quarterback Blake Bortles have the most to prove in the AFC South?
Jaguars ForeverTuesday at 5:33 PM
Jaguars Forever Is Moving To A New PlatformScout.com and Jaguars Forever will be moving its content and community to a new user interface and platform next week.
Jaguars ForeverTuesday at 3:48 PM
Ranking The AFC South Head CoachesDoug Marrone might be the new guy on the block, but he offers as much as any coach in the AFC South
Jaguars ForeverSunday at 7:06 AM