Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4) vs. New York Jets (4-4)
Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 1:00 p.m.
Line: Jets by 7
Trends: Jaguars have alternated wins and losses over the last five games. Jets have lost three of their last four games.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop the run. The Jets are the best in the league at running the football, and they love to grind out games with Thomas Jones and rookie Shonn Greene behind a very physical offensive line. No matter if the Jags line up in 4-3 or 3-4, their first priority should be slowing down the Jets on the ground.
2. Pressure Sanchez. Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez has been up and down during his rookie season and he's thrown 10 interceptions thus far. If the Jags can make the prized rookie uncomfortable, he will make some mistakes.
3. No big plays for Edwards. Braylon Edwards is the Jets most talented wideout and he is a big play waiting to happen. Jacksonville needs to be aware of him every time he's on the football field.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Pick up the blitz. Few teams blitz as much as the Jets and they are able to force turnovers off their blitz packages if not picked up. The Jaguars need to stick to their assignments and avoid turnovers.
2. Get MJD touches. When Maurice Jones-Drew touches the football good things happen more often than not. Get it?
3. Don't be afraid to attack. The Jets will play plenty of man coverage and the Jaguars must make them pay for it.
What to look for:
1. Look for four combined turnovers. With an attacking defense and a rookie quarterback, there should be plenty of turnovers to go around.
2. Look for the winner of the Thomas Jones/Maurice Jones-Drew matchup to determine the outcome of the game. Both teams will try and establish the run and whichever is more successful should win.
3. Look for a TD by MSW. Mike Sims-Walker is as good as it gets for the Jags. He will have an advantage in one-on-one situations.
4. Look for four or more dropped passes. Both teams pass catchers tend to be unreliable at times.
5. Look for the Jets to move above .500. The Jets defense will prove to be too much for the Jaguars and they will force mistakes.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Jets
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Cougar Football NotebookZACH CHARME, WSU's starting punter in 2015, is no longer with the team as CF.C reported earlier and per the new roster released on the eve of spring practices. In addition,…
CougfanThursday at 1:09 AM
Steelers Sign Ironman AlualuThe Steelers found quality depth for the defensive line in Tyson Alualu.
Steel City InsiderTuesday at 10:16 AM
Steelers Sign Pair of Free AgentsThe Steelers have signed a kickoff return specialist and a veteran cornerback in free agency.
Steel City InsiderMonday at 12:01 PM
Prayers Answered with Return to PackersDavon House said he went to Pittsburgh with the expectation that he would be signing with the Steelers. Instead, he got his dream deal to return to Green Bay.