Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4) vs. New York Jets (4-4)
Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 1:00 p.m.
Line: Jets by 7
Trends: Jaguars have alternated wins and losses over the last five games. Jets have lost three of their last four games.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop the run. The Jets are the best in the league at running the football, and they love to grind out games with Thomas Jones and rookie Shonn Greene behind a very physical offensive line. No matter if the Jags line up in 4-3 or 3-4, their first priority should be slowing down the Jets on the ground.
2. Pressure Sanchez. Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez has been up and down during his rookie season and he's thrown 10 interceptions thus far. If the Jags can make the prized rookie uncomfortable, he will make some mistakes.
3. No big plays for Edwards. Braylon Edwards is the Jets most talented wideout and he is a big play waiting to happen. Jacksonville needs to be aware of him every time he's on the football field.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Pick up the blitz. Few teams blitz as much as the Jets and they are able to force turnovers off their blitz packages if not picked up. The Jaguars need to stick to their assignments and avoid turnovers.
2. Get MJD touches. When Maurice Jones-Drew touches the football good things happen more often than not. Get it?
3. Don't be afraid to attack. The Jets will play plenty of man coverage and the Jaguars must make them pay for it.
What to look for:
1. Look for four combined turnovers. With an attacking defense and a rookie quarterback, there should be plenty of turnovers to go around.
2. Look for the winner of the Thomas Jones/Maurice Jones-Drew matchup to determine the outcome of the game. Both teams will try and establish the run and whichever is more successful should win.
3. Look for a TD by MSW. Mike Sims-Walker is as good as it gets for the Jags. He will have an advantage in one-on-one situations.
4. Look for four or more dropped passes. Both teams pass catchers tend to be unreliable at times.
5. Look for the Jets to move above .500. The Jets defense will prove to be too much for the Jaguars and they will force mistakes.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Jets
Jaguars Forever Top Stories
2017 Fantasy Football PrimerAre you ready for the 2017 Fantasy Football season? It can't come soon enough, right? This page is a hub where we both want to look forward towards 2017 but also look back at 2016.
Scout FantasyYesterday at 1:26 PM
NFL changes overtime, roster movesThe NFL passed a few resolutions Tuesday at the owners meetings, some of them pretty significant in the way the game and rosters are managed.
Viking UpdateTuesday at 10:25 AM
Top 40 Dynasty Football RookiesHeath Cummings breaks down his ranking of the Top 40 rookies in Dynasty Fantasy Football.
Victor Cruz visits with Tom Coughlin's JagsThe former Giant head coach is evidently given Victor Cruz a chance to prolong his football career.
The Giants Beat05/11/2017