Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop Frank Gore. Frank Gore didn't do much as he ran for just 33 yards on 16 carries. Who knew that they wouldn't need him?
2. Don't let Alex Smith get into a rhythm. Smith was definitely in a rhythm as he completed 27 of 41 throws for 232 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
3. Be aware of Vernon Davis in the red zone. Davis scored in the red zone for the ninth time this season.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. MJD. The 49ers were stacking up the box to stop Jones-Drew and the Jaguars went away from him. MJD carried the ball just 15 times in the game.
2. Get off to an early start. The Jaguars didn't score until the final moments of the first half. Not really an early start.
3. Make misdirection your friend. The Jaguars used hardly any misdirection and no reverses to Mike Thomas.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice to get over 100. Jones-Drew made the most of his limited opportunities, but fell short of the century mark as he gained 75 yards on his 15 carries. He added 35 more yards in the passing game.
2. Look for a nice day by Michael Crabtree. Crabtree caught four passes for 54 yards and had some nice moves. His big day could've been much bigger as he dropped a pair of Alex Smith throws.
3. Look for a big day by the tight ends. Vernon Davis led the Niners in receiving with six catches for 69 yards and a touchdown. Davis' backup, Delaney Walker also caught four balls for 52 yards. Marcedes Lewis caught three passes for 40 yards.
4. Look for Garrard to throw his second TD pass on the road. Garrard didn't throw his second touchdown pass, but he did manage to fumble twice. He's leading the league in fumbles lost.
5. Look for the Jaguars to suffer a setback. The writing was on the wall. This team isn't as good as its record and their quarterback doesn't play well away from home.
What We Learned: Jaguars vs 49ers
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
State of the JaguarsWith a loss to the Ravens on Sunday, the Jaguars next game against Indianapolis in London is by far the most important game they've played so far this season.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 7:43 AM
Generally Managing the JaguarsThe Jags are 0-3 after losing to the Ravens today at Everbank. Blake Bortles was unimpressive, Gus Bradley is feeling the heat, and the defense gave up a game winning drive. …
Jags IllustratedSunday at 6:39 PM
HeartbreakerThe Jags lost in heart breaking fashion to the Baltimore Ravens. After a loss, most people look to point the finger and blame someone or something for the result. There are a…
Jags IllustratedSunday at 12:50 PM
Ravens vs Jaguars Preview - 2 Minute WarningThere is a "Point of No Return" for this current regime. An 0-3 start would all but make the Colts game in London a must win.
Jags IllustratedSunday at 4:36 AM