Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Pressure Schaub. The Jaguars were able to knock Schaub out of the game early, and although he returned, his absence allowed the team to get out to a 17-point lead. Even with Schaub returning, the Texans could never get any closer than five points down.
2. Make Schaub throw outside the numbers. Matt Schaub was inaccurate on a few outside throws, and his lack of arm strength showed in those situations.
3. Contain Andre. Andre Johnson got free on a deep pass and he scored a touchdown, but he was covered pretty well for much of the day.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Loosen them up. The Texans played with eight men in the box and the Jaguars were able to exploit their one-on-one coverage early on with some big plays to the tight ends.
2. Be careful with the football. The Jaguars offense didn't have any turnovers and thus were able to hang on and win.
3. Screens and draws. Jacksonville really didn't run a lot of screens and draws, as the Texans defense was disciplined.
What to look for:
1. Look for Andre Johnson to score. Andre Johnson scored his sixth touchdown of the season as he caught seven passes for 99 yards.
2. Look for the Texans to have less than 60 yards rushing. The Texans ran the ball 22 times for just 68 yards against the Jaguars defense.
3. A dance from Jones-Drew. The Houston defense managed to keep MJD out of the end zone despite him having two chances from the one-yard line.
4. Look for a lot of big plays. There were certainly some offensive fireworks as Texans wideout Andre Johnson caught a 53-yard pass, and Jaguars tight ends Marcedes Lewis and Zach Miller caught passes of 47 and 62 yards respectively.
5. Look for the Texans to squeak by. The Jaguars took control of the game early on and held on late as they make their push toward the playoffs.
What We Learned: Jaguars over Texans, 23-18
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Paper Weight: An Interview w/ Allen HurnsJaguars WR Allen Hurns earned a 4 year $40 million contract this past offseason, $20 million of which is guaranteed. A lot of players might fold under the pressure of their first…
Jags Illustrated3:20 PM
The Great EscapeThis team needs to get out of town. Out of the state. Out of the timezone. Out of the hemisphere. Okay not quite that far, but almost.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 6:38 PM
London's Gentleman: Roy Miller InterviewI sat down with Jags DT Roy Miller in the locker room. We discussed everything from Gus Bradley's future to the trip to London.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 7:00 AM
Identity CrisisThe Jags have started the 2016 season on a rough note. 0-3 is a tough pill to swallow and many fans are calling for Gus Bradley’s job. People are even starting to question their…
Jags IllustratedTuesday at 3:48 AM