Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop Ricky. The Jaguars didn't get gashed by Ricky Williams, but Williams still had a very productive day. Williams carried the ball 28 times for 108 yards and a touchdown.
2. 3's, not 7's. Miami was in the red zone twice and scored two touchdowns.
3. Cover the underneath. Chad Henne had all the time he needed to throw the ball and he was able to pick apart the Jaguars defense underneath.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Attack the corners. The Jaguars passing game was nearly non-existent as David Garrard and the receivers couldn't get on the same page.
2. Get Jones-Drew the ball in space. Jones-Drew was a marked man and when the Jaguars got him the ball, he was quickly surrounded by Dolphins defenders.
3. Ball security. The Jaguars maintained control of the football which allowed them to make it a close game.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to have a nice game. Jones-Drew had 83 yards from scrimmage and scored the Jaguars only touchdown.
2. Look for David Garrard to get sacked four or more times. Garrard was only sacked three times, but the final sack ended the football game.
3. Look for David Garrard to throw for over 325 yards. Way off on this one. Garrard completed just 11 of 26 passes for 139 yards. It wasn't a good effort.
4. Look for Ted Ginn to catch a touchdown pass. Not close again. Ginn caught one pass for 12 yards.
5. Look for the Jaguars to squeak by. The Dolphins should have blown the Jaguars out but three turnovers kept the game close. There was never a moment where you had any hope that the Jaguars would win the game.
What We Learned: Jaguars vs Dolphins
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
Identity CrisisThe Jags have started the 2016 season on a rough note. 0-3 is a tough pill to swallow and many fans are calling for Gus Bradley’s job. People are even starting to question their…
Jags Illustrated3:48 AM
State of the JaguarsWith a loss to the Ravens on Sunday, the Jaguars next game against Indianapolis in London is by far the most important game they've played so far this season.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 7:43 AM
Generally Managing the JaguarsThe Jags are 0-3 after losing to the Ravens today at Everbank. Blake Bortles was unimpressive, Gus Bradley is feeling the heat, and the defense gave up a game winning drive. …
Jags IllustratedSunday at 6:39 PM
HeartbreakerThe Jags lost in heart breaking fashion to the Baltimore Ravens. After a loss, most people look to point the finger and blame someone or something for the result. There are a…
Jags IllustratedSunday at 12:50 PM