Jacksonville Jaguars (7-8) vs. Cleveland Browns (4-11)
Sunday, January 2nd, 1:00 p.m.
Cleveland Browns Stadium
Kickoff Temperature: 17 degrees, 50% chance of snow
Line: Browns by 1.5
Trends: Jaguars have lost their last three games; Browns have won three in a row.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop Harrison. Browns running back Jerome Harrison is emerging and he's run for 434 yards and four touchdowns in his last two games. The Jaguars must make it a point to stop Harrison.
2. Bring the heat. Browns quarterback Derek Anderson is the worst QB in the NFL against the blitz as his QB rating against the blitz is a putrid 14.6. Anderson may be the worst decision maker this side of JaMarcus Russell, and the Jags need to force him into some quick decisions.
3. Tackle better. The Jaguars tackling efforts over the past few weeks have been poor at best. They must do a better job of bringing Cleveland ball-carriers to the ground, especially Jerome Harrison.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Reward your Pro Bowler. The Browns are ranked dead last in the NFL in yards per game, and although they've been playing better, Maurice Jones-Drew should still have a huge day if given the opportunity.
2. No turnovers. It probably doesn't need to be said, but the Jaguars can't afford to do a Browns team that struggles to move the football any favors by giving them short fields and cheap points.
3. Walker vision. Mike Sims-Walker has been the team's best receiver this year and he was ignored last week. Good things can happen if Mike Sims-Walker gets passes thrown in his direction.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big day by Garrard. Although the Cleveland defense has been improved over the past few weeks, they still give up plenty of yards and points. Look for David Garrard to play well in what could very well be his last game with the Jaguars.
2. Look for a pair of touchdowns from Maurice. MJD will finish this season on a very high note.
3. Look for Derek Anderson to throw multiple interceptions. He does most weeks, why should this Sunday be any different?
4. Look for Jerome Harrison to be held in check. We will see on Sunday if the Jaguars defense has any quit in them. We don't believe they do.
5. Look for the Jaguars to win, convincingly. Jacksonville is a better team, and they have a very slim opportunity to make the playoffs. Jack Del Rio will have his troops ready to go on Sunday.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Browns
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-25Ben Freid gives you hot takes, a man who should be the next Jags GM/Head Coach and of course Jags vs Titans.
Name Five QBs Worse Than Blake BortlesIt sounds crazy to say out loud, but you'll find out quickly just how hard it is to name five NFL quarterbacks who are worse than Blake Bortles. I know, it just doesn’t seem right.…
A Tale Of Two QuarterbacksThere was a franchise quarterback sighting in Jacksonville on Sunday at Everbank Field! Unfortunately for most of the fans that attended the game, it was not Blake Bortles.
LOCKED on JAGUARS 10-24Ben Freid gives you his Top 5 takeaways from last night's game. Is Blake Bortles a franchise qb? Also exclusive Marqise Lee interview.