Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Stop Harrison. The Jaguars made the Cleveland back look like a Pro Bowler as he ran inside and outside with relative ease. Harrison finished with 127 yards on 33 carries with a touchdown.
2. Bring the heat. The Jaguars didn't blitz much, and it really didn't matter because Derek Anderson threw the ball just 11 times. He completed seven of those for 86 yards with an interception.
3. Tackle better. The Jaguars didn't tackle particularly well, and the Browns were able to keep drives alive due to this en route to a 33-27 time of possession advantage.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Reward your Pro Bowler. Maurice Jones-Drew was nicked up a bit during the game but still finished with 82 yards on 16 carries without much of a threat of a passing game.
2. No turnovers. David Garrard threw one interception and had a few more dropped.
3. Walker vision. Mike Sims-Walker had just two catches for 28 yards. Less than spectacular.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big day by Garrard. David Garrard had to play well for his Jaguars to win the game and he simply didn't. 22 of 39 for 202 yards with a pair of touchdowns and an interception isn't good enough against the league's 32nd ranked defense.
2. Look for a pair of touchdowns from Maurice. MJD was shut out in that category.
3. Look for Derek Anderson to throw multiple interceptions. He only threw the ball 11 times, so he only had one pick.
4. Look for Jerome Harrison to be held in check. Harrison punished the soft Jaguars run defense to the tune of 127 yards and a touchdown.
5. Look for the Jaguars to win, convincingly. We were wrong on the rest of the what to look for's, so why wouldn't we be wrong on this one as well. The Browns were the convincing winners.
What We Learned: Jaguars vs Browns
Jags Illustrated Top Stories
State of the JaguarsWith a loss to the Ravens on Sunday, the Jaguars next game against Indianapolis in London is by far the most important game they've played so far this season.
Jags Illustrated7:43 AM
Generally Managing the JaguarsThe Jags are 0-3 after losing to the Ravens today at Everbank. Blake Bortles was unimpressive, Gus Bradley is feeling the heat, and the defense gave up a game winning drive. …
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 6:39 PM
HeartbreakerThe Jags lost in heart breaking fashion to the Baltimore Ravens. After a loss, most people look to point the finger and blame someone or something for the result. There are a…
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 12:50 PM
Ravens vs Jaguars Preview - 2 Minute WarningThere is a "Point of No Return" for this current regime. An 0-3 start would all but make the Colts game in London a must win.
Jags IllustratedYesterday at 4:36 AM