1. Quinton Patton – He didn't come into Senior Bowl week as one of the highest rated seniors, but he is making a case for himself. He made an athletic and strong catch on a go route over Robert Alford for a touchdown and caught another long ball on a post, showing good cutting ability, speed and hands – all in a 6-foot-2 package. He really helped his stock Tuesday.
2. Aaron Dobson – The Marshall receiver didn't get the ball thrown to him much during full-team and seven-on-seven work, but he's big (6-foot-3), can separate, whether it's an out route or a go route, has good hands and is a willing blocker.
3. Markus Wheaton – He might have the quickest feet on the North squad, but he also has long speed, as he showed on a 50-yard touchdown catch. He also used that speed to find the edge on an end-around.
4. Terrance Williams – He and Dobson were two of the highest ranked receivers coming into Senior Bowl week, and Williams had a strong Monday. His second day wasn't as good. He had at least one drop at seemingly every phase of practice, but he battled through it and continued to show a knack for the open areas in the secondary.
5. Marquise Goodwin – He is expected to go in the late rounds, but he showed better than that Tuesday. His quickness sets him up well on out-cutting routes and he displayed deep speed, too. However, he did bobble a pass or two early in practice.
Tim Yotter is the publisher of Viking Update. Follow Viking Update on Twitter and discuss this story on our subscriber message board.
Senior Bowl: Wide Receiver Rankings
Lions Report Top Stories
How the Lions Can Win In SeattlePundits are predicting a Lions loss and even fans are largely pessimistic about their team’s chances against the Seahawks this weekend. Still, the Lions have a puncher’s chance in…
Caldwell: Lions ‘Earned’ playoff spotThe Detroit Lions Week 17 loss to the Green Bay Packers was a bittersweet conclusion to the 2016 regular season. The Lions are headed to the playoffs but will do so as the last…
Instant Analysis: Lions Lose to PackersWith the NFC North division on the line, representing a chance to host a playoff game next week, the Detroit Lions came up short against the Green Bay Packers to close out the 2017…
NFL Coaching Hot Seats Heading Into 2017Dr. Roto examines some NFL coaches facing the hot seat as we enter the new year!