Talk About the Lions with OTHER fans at: LIONSTALK.com
1. Houston -- David Carr, QB, Fresno State Grade: A - Carr is a good fit for Houston.
2. Carolina -- Julius Peppers, DE, North Carolina Grade: A Peppers will be a impact DE and will get people out to watch the Panthers.
3. Detroit -- Joey Harrington, QB, Oregon Grade: A Could have went for defense and Quentin Jammer, but the Lions haven't had a great quarterback since Bobby Layne and hope Harrington could be.
4. Buffalo -- Mike Williams, OT, Texas Grade: B Bryant McKinnie could be better overall when it is all said and done.
5. San Diego -- Quentin Jammer, CB, Texas Grade: B + Jammer could be a shut-down corner or could be just average, only time will tell.
6. Kansas City (from Dallas) -- Ryan Sims, DT, North Carolina Grade: B + Sims was a good pick and Kansas City had to trade up to get him.
7. Minnesota -- Bryant McKinnie, OT, Miami (Fla.) Grade: A - Vikings have a tremendous pass blocker in McKinnie at left tackle.
8. Dallas (from Kansas City) -- Roy Williams, S, Dallas Grade: A Williams is a impact player.
9. Jacksonville -- John Henderson, DT, Tennessee Grade: B If he get back to his junior level of play, Jacksonville got themselves a great player.
10. Cincinnati -- Levi Jones, OT, Arizona State Grade C + Cincinnati reached for Jones at # 10.
11. Indianapolis -- Dwight Freeney, DE, Syracuse Grade: B Freeney is a pass rusher, but this high?
12. Arizona -- Wendell Bryant, DT, Wisconsin Grade: A - Nice pick and fills a need for Arizona, he has the ability to be a impact type player.
13. New Orleans -- Donte Stallworth, WR, Tennessee Grade: B Stallworth gives the Saints speed at wide receiver and a playmaker.
14. NY Giants (from Tennessee) -- Jeremy Shockey, TE, Miami (Fla.) Grade: A The Giants needed a tight end as a solid pass-receiving option and they got it with Shockey.
15. Tennessee (from NY Giants) -- Albert Haynesworth, DT, Tennessee Grade: B Haynesworth could be a boom or bust pick.
16. Cleveland -- William Green, RB, Boston College Grade: B - The Browns need a running back and Green is a very good one, but the question is his "40" time.
17. Oakland (from Atlanta) -- Phillip Buchanon, CB, Miami (Fla.) Grade: A Buchanon could have gone as high 6 and no one thought that he would drop this far.
18. Atlanta (from Oakland) -- T.J. Duckett, RB, Michigan State Grade: C Atlanta signed Warrick Dunn in the off-season and needed a WR, Duckett dooesn't fill a need but is a good running back.
19. Denver -- Ashley Lelie, WR, Hawaii Grade: A Lelie is a playmaker and Denver needed more of those on offense.
20. Green Bay (from Seattle) -- Javon Walker, WR, Florida State Grade: C Packers needed a WR but Walker was more of a second round pick so it was kind of a reach at 20.
21. New England (from Washington from Oakland) -- Daniel Graham, TE, Colorado Grade: B Graham will be a nice addition to the Super Bowl champs.
22. NY Jets -- Bryan Thomas, DE, Alabama-Birmingham Grade: D Thomas is a good player but the Jets didn't need a defensive end.
23. Oakland -- Napoleon Harris, OLB, Northwestern Grade: A Harris fills a huge need area for the Raiders.
24. Baltimore -- Edward Reed, S, Miami (Fla.) Grade: B Reed can come to Baltimore and be an immediate starter on the Ravens' defense.
25. New Orleans -- Charles Grant, DE, Georgia Grade: B - The Saints had a hole at defensive end after the loss of Joe Johnson in free agency, so Grant fills a need.
26. Philadelphia -- Lito Sheppard, CB, Florida Grade: C Sheppard is a good cornerback but the Eagles could have used other things.
27. San Francisco -- Mike Rumph, CB, Miami (Fla.) Grade: A- Rumph fills a huge hole for the 49ers, a good pick with great size.
28. Seattle (from Green Bay) -- Jerramy Stevens, TE, Washington Grade: C The Seahawks reached for Stevens but they need a tight end.
29. Chicago -- Marc Colombo, OT, Boston College Grade: C Fills a need but could have used other things then a offensive tackle.
30. Pittsburgh -- Kendall Simmons, OG, Auburn Grade: C + He is a very good run blocker and will be good in the Steelers' power running game.
31. St. Louis -- Robert Thomas, ILB, UCLA Grade: C Rams reached for Thomas who should have been drafted in the second round.
32. Washington (from New England) -- Patrick Ramsey, QB, Tulane Grade: C Washington need a quarterback, but I don't think Ramsey was worth a first round pick.