- DE Cliff Avril, a third-round pick this year, was active instead of DE Ikaika Alama-Francis, a second-round pick last year, because the Lions preferred Avril's speed off the edge and his contributions to the coverage units.
- TE Dan Campbell, who didn't play an exhibition game because of elbow and hamstring injuries, caught a 21-yard pass and promptly hobbled off with a hamstring pull.
- CB Leigh Bodden replaced CB Travis Fisher during the game, but coach Rod Marinelli said it was just part of the rotation.
- RB Marcus Thomas, a rookie the Lions claimed off waivers a week before from San Diego, quickly replaced WR Mike Furrey as the kick returner.
- LB Paris Lenon had to be helped off the field because of a knee injury but said he would be fine.
Detroit Lions Post-Game Quick Hitters
Lions Report Top Stories
Week 4: Fantasy Football Start 'EmFormer No. 1 Ranked Fantasy Football Player in the World Mark Deming provides you with Week 4's best starting options for players who you may be thinking about leaving on the bench…
Scout FantasyYesterday at 12:47 PM
Instant Analysis: Lions Lose to TitansThe Detroit Lions dropped their home opener to the Tennessee Titans after showing some promise in a Week 1 win against the Indianapolis Colts. Here is some quick-hitter analysis…
Self-inflicted Wounds Doom Lions in LossThe Lions dug themselves a hole last year that they ultimately couldn't climb out of en route to a disappointing 7-9 season. After a sloppy showing in Week 2 against the Tennessee…
Week 2: Snaps & TargetsEvery week, Fantasy Football Expert Jack Delaney will closely examine the snap counts, usage numbers and target totals for players across the league to better prepare you for the…
Top 10 NFL Celebration FailsRevisiting some of the worst celebration fails in NFL history.
Scout NFL Network08/24/2016