- One injury: Frank Zombo strained a hamstring and will probably miss this week's game against Minnesota.
- With the Packers hosting Minnesota on Monday, the team will return to practice on Thursday. Mike Neal will practice for the first time since injuring his knee during training camp. There is no timetable for him to return to action, though.
"It's too early, and we'll detail exactly what we feel what Mike can handle," McCarthy said. "There's going to be a progression of bringing Mike back to practice, and that conversation will go on here in the next couple days but we're shooting for him to be on the practice field Thursday."
- Defensive errors stemming mostly from miscommunication. McCarthy said it's been a team-wide issue, especially on Sunday. "Is that a product of coming off a bye week? ... That's an excuse." So, the players will gather on Tuesday to watch film and make corrections. "We have to clean it up. It was not a clean game."
- "We've been talking about communication too much."
- Pressure by defense last few series: Most consistent part of our game this season, McCarthy said. It's adversity football "and our team stepped up." ... "When our back was against the wall, our defense produced."
- Players being too hard on themselves: "We have expectations ... and that's a product of some of the feelings that go on after a game. That's why it's important to go through the correction period."
- Rodgers running more than often ... was it good coverage: Chargers played a "bunch" of man-under coverage. That means press coverage at line with help over the top. "Aaron did a great job of recognizing it and taking advantage of it."
- "Absolutely I don't mind" when Rodgers runs in those situations.
- Why defer the coin flip with No. 1-ranked offense: "I think the question is bigger than that. It's only part of the formula. I don't want to get into specifics. Not that we have some magic formula. It's something we talk about each week. Some of it's pulse, some of it's gut feeling. I like having the ball coming out of halftime." Said doing good job of scoring at end of half and then scoring in the third. "That's all part of it."
- Defense making playing but giving up big plays too ... temper that aggression: "Not really. I don't see our pass coverage as a major issue being double moves. I know we had one at the start of the game at Minnesota. We had one yesterday. It's about playing to your leverage. The whole pass coverage and the pass rush fits together. ... Our biggest issue was communication."
- Run game: "I thought it was positive. You look at the production of the offense, 31 points in 56 plays, that tells you how I felt about the offensive performance." Both RBs were at least 4.0 yards per carry. "I was fine with the run game." Says could have made better plays calls when backed up late in game.
- Collins' absence and lack of communication: "He's obviously a tremendous playmaker and has been in the defense since Day 1. The communication errors that we had yesterday, they're all correctable."
- That's all from here.
Agree or disagree?: Discuss hot Packers topics in our, free forums. Leave Bill a question in the subscribers-only Packers Pro Club forum.
Bill Huber is publisher of Packer Report magazine and PackerReport.com and has written for Packer Report since 1997. E-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave him a question in Packer Report's subscribers-only Packers Pro Club forum. Find Bill on Twitter at twitter.com/PackerReport.